Chapter 2: Symptoms

You open your eyes and blink a few times, trying to figure out your surroundings. You're on Eddie's couch, you're inside his trailer, It's around 3 in the morning. You get up from the couch and peak around the hallway. "Munson?" You call out, looking around. You go down the hall and knock on the doors, nothing. You go back to the living room and grab your weed box. You take one last glance around the trailer before leaving.
You open the front door and hear a chime in the distance. You cautiously follow the noises. They lead you to the forest behind the picnic table from earlier. "Hello? Eddie? You there?" You call out. Suddenly a loud clock chimes again, you peak around a tree and see a large grandfather clock, the pendulum of the clock sways as it continues to chime. You froze "y/n.." a loud raspy voice calls out. "Who's there?!" You call out, stuttering "y/n.." the voice repeats. Footsteps slowly approach from behind the clock. You take a few steps back before turning and booking it. You fumble, tripping over a broken picture frame. You pick it up and it's of your mother, you look up and you're inside your old home. There's large footsteps approaching from the dining room. You panic, pick yourself up, and run up the stairs to your old bedroom, shutting the door behind you. You quickly hide inside your closet covering your mouth. "Y/n... you cannot hide from me.." the raspy voice continues as the footsteps get closer up the stairs. You hear the clock loudly chiming as tears form in your eyes, you keep cowering in the corner of your closet as the door to your room creeks open. You see footsteps appear under the crack of the door, you watch the shadow of the feet get closer, you shut your eyes tightly.
You suddenly jump up, sitting up tall. Your breath was heavy and shaky. You looked around the dark room and realized you were in Eddie's trailer, you felt relieved. Warm hands creep up your arms, you look down and it's Eddie. His eyes are just barely open "Y/n..?" He says with a tired tone, as you sit on top of him. He rubs his eyes "Everything alright..?" You melt back into his chest. "Yeah..just a dream" you say. The nightmare felt so real, you were definitely crying in your sleep. You lay on top of him, staring at the trailer door still on edge. He wrapped his arms around you and played with your hair, comforting you till he had fallen back asleep.
You couldn't sleep, not after that dream. You carefully got up off of Eddie, trying not to wake him up. You had to leave, while it was still dark out. You didn't want you father to be worried, or worse disappointed. Last time you made him disappointed was when you spent his money on weed, never forgot that moment. You kneel beside Eddie and kiss his cheek before grabbing your painted box and heading for the door. You're reaching for the handle- "Y/n..?" Eddie says from behind you. You stop in your tracks and turn around. He's sat up looking at you confused, like a lost puppy. You let out a breath "I need to go home Ed." Ed? Did you just call him Ed? You thought to yourself. He stares at you, tapping his foot and fidgeting with his ring, he looks nervous. He quickly gets and walks over to you, wrapping his arm around your waist, and placing a hand on your cheek. He kissed you, and you kissed him back. You pull back and look at his face, he smiles and admires you. " I should get going." You say biting your lip, and backing away to the door. He nods and wiped his nose quickly and turned away, walking back to the couch. You turn around and open the door, you pause for a second and think about what just happened. You got high and had a full on make out session with someone you just met a few hours ago. Not that you were complaining.
You walk across the street while keeping an eye on the picnic bench. Making sure there were no clocks in sight. You make it to your front door and quietly go inside, you father was still on the couch sleeping. You felt relived that you didn't have to deal with him. You immediately head for your bedroom down the hall, you toss your painted box onto your side table and quickly undress. You climb into your bed and lay down facing the roof. You cant help but think about Eddie, you smile and close your eyes.

(hey hey! Lime here just wanted to thank y'all for reading and I may not be able to post another part tomorrow so here's a short one for closure😋)