Chapter-9:

"And suddenly, the monster in him falls silent as he rests his head on her lap"-Unknown

We were in Iraq, speeding through the desert in a van.
"Druig looks particularly nice today," Sprite whispered to me.
"I know. Shut up," I muttered. "He is literally sitting right next to me."

"Too late." He smirked, relaxing against the seat.
"But, might I add, same to you."

His stupid smirk formed butterflies in my stomach, and I didn't know whether to glare at him or start squealing crazily.
I settled for a silent stare at the seat in front of me.

"Okay. This is our stop!" Sprite yelled, stopping the van.
We all got out, and I took a second to admire how beautiful Druig looked. His tousled, brown hair, his lazy blue eyes, and that calmness of his voice when he said "Come on, Ava."

I was completely infatuated.

We walked down to The Domo, Druig walking next to me, and Sprite walking ahead.

Phastos used the device in his hand and pulled it out of the dirt. There was a loud rumble and it appeared.

"The Domo. Wow."

When we were inside, Kingo and Karun started the camera again, making another vlog.

"A foreboding atmosphere fills the air. An eerie stillness chokes our lungs." Kingo whispered hauntingly, his face near the camera.

"What are you doing?!" Sprite exclaimed.
"You know you're creeping us out. You know that, right?" Phastos said.

He shrieked, and a bursting sound was made.
"Oh! Oh, God! Oh. Chips. It's just chips." He muttered.

"As you can see, being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions such as cowardice." Kingo sarcastically said.

"What has she done? Is that... a sarcophagus in my lab?" Phastos was hysterical.

"This is Makkari. Or should I say, Miss Havisham? None of us have seen her for centuries." Kingo said to the camera.

Ready to go home? Makkari signed.

Makkari. Seems that you need some catching up to do. I signed, jokingly, as I went to hug her.

I missed her. 

"Is that the Ebony Blade?" Sprite asked Thena, who was currently practising sparring in this new library Makkari built.
"Excalibur." She smirked. I looked up from my book.
"Well, Arthur always did have a crush on you." Sprite joked.