Chapter-11:

"Your memory feels like home to me

"Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it's way back to you."-Ranata Suzuki

We all stood, getting ready to wear our suits.
"Together," I told Druig.
"That's all that matters." He muttered as we lifted up our wrists so that our bracelets would appear on them. 

As we sailed across the sky to the emergence, I thought about the past millions of years. 
How they affected my life.
How they affected Druig's.

The one thing that I'd make sure would not happen was that Druig and Sprite die. Sprite was my sister, and Druig, my love.

Boyfriend wasn't enough to describe what I felt for him.

When you love something, you protect it. It is the most natural thing in the world. Thena had told me, a few years ago. 

I was going to do exactly that today. 

Makkari, Sersi, Druig and I walked toward the volcano. 
"It's time to put a God to sleep." Sersi swallowed. 

The bracelets clicked, and we started floating. Golden seams appeared all over my body, mesmerising geometric patterns emerging.
As I opened my eyes, I saw Druig in the centre, his hands outstretched, and his back slightly arched.

He truly looked ethereal. 

There was a pull at the back of my mind, as Druig fell to the ground. I opened my eyes and saw him get blasted across the rubble, his body falling limp underneath hundreds of boulders. 

The rumble of the volcano allowed the Uni-Mind to sever. I fell down and went after Ikaris. 
"You pathetic moron!" I yelled, running after him, making portals.
"You don't have any weapons!" Sersi yelled.
"Well, then, my combat training should be enough," I muttered.
He started flying, and I couldn't follow him anymore.

He's alive. Don't worry. Makkari signed. 
I sighed, and went to Sersi, tears burning in my eyes.

My powers couldn't even save the people I loved. 

The Domo crashed towards us, and Makkari pulled Sersi and me out of the way.
I felt powerless.

"Druig's gone. It's over." Ikaris yelled.
I felt the anger bubbling in me, and I summoned one of Thena's weapons.
I ran behind Ikaris, pushing him into the cliffs, teleporting him from one rock to another, and hitting his body on each one. 

"If you're not dead by the end of this, I will murder myself. And you should be scared. I've found a reason to live." I muttered.

I pushed him further, and he scarred my arm and cheek.
I punched him in his stomach, him doubling over.

But, then, I remembered one thing. He was not what was of importance.

Druig.

"Go to Sersi! We've got this!" Thena yelled, Phastos throwing a sphere at Ikaris.
I nodded and teleported away.

"Hey. I'm here." I muttered, appearing next to Sersi.
"Thanks." She muttered.

"Sersi. You're not powerful enough to do this. And you won't. You're not a killer." Ajak appeared, speaking.

"Maybe I've changed. And is this really who you are, Sprite? Are you really willing to let everyone on this planet die?" Sersi yelled.

"Sprite, listen to me. It's okay to be scared. But, don't do this, okay?" I reasoned.

I heard a soft yell behind me and felt a blade go through my abdomen.
"Sprite, no," I muttered.

I couldn't hurt her. 

"I've always envied you, Sersi. 'Cause you get to live as one of them. And I never could. Do you know why I hated living with humans?
Because they reminded me of things I didn't even know I wanted.
Because of them, now I wanna know what it feels like to grow up.
To fall in love.
To have a family.
And to know, in the end, I've lived." She breathed.

"Sprite. I'm so, so sorry." I muttered, clutching my stomach.

"It's all over now. We get to start over somewhere new." Sprite said.

A rock smashed against her head, and she fell, unconscious.
"Well, that was very moving," Druig smirked, appearing behind her. 
"Hello, my love. I'm alive. Surprise." He whispered, lifting me up, on my legs.

Sersi fixed my cut and turned the blade into water. 
"I can't do this. This is your fight now." Druig told her.

She ran towards the fight and left Druig, Sprite and me.
As soon as she couldn't see us, I flung myself into his arms.
"I missed you so much." I sobbed into his shoulder. 
"I thought you were dead."

"I hope you gave Ikaris hell?" He joked.
"I'll be surprised if he's not dead by the end of this," I said, pecking his lips.

He deepened the kiss, smiling into it.
"What's going on?" Sprite muttered, waking up, and rubbing her eyes.
"Shh. It's okay. I'm here." I said, as her soft sobs dampened the cloth of my suit.

When she calmed down, Druig joined us in sitting.
"If the world ends, all I have to say is that I love you, Avalon, with my whole heart, and that I will not regret anything I've done. All I will regret is forgetting you." Druig said.

"I don't know about that. I feel as if Sersi's close to the answer." Sprite joked.
"What a way to ruin someone's romantic speech!" 
"Well, it's only similar to what you did to me!"

And soon enough, a pull near the back of our minds connected us all over again. Golden spheres and spirals appeared across our bodies, harnessing us into the sky.

In a few minutes, we were put back down, my body feeling heavy, and my mind feeling drowsy. 
"It's done." Druig breathed.
"Ready to join the rest?"