Chapter-12

"All the most powerful emotions come from chaos -fear, anger, love- especially love

"All the most powerful emotions come from chaos -fear, anger, love- especially love. Love is chaos itself. Think about it! Love makes no sense. It shakes you up and spins you around. And then, eventually, it falls apart."
― Kirsten Miller

As we walked back, I held Sprite's hand tightly. 
"You are stronger than them. You will stand your ground if they decide to tear you down. I'll be there every step of the way, okay?" I told her, walking down the coast.

I left her and went to join Druig ahead. 

"You know, my love, this would be a very nice place for a picnic, if it was not a battleground," Druig murmured in my ear.
"Well, then, one day, we'll have to visit." I smiled.

We had lost so many because of this. It wasn't even close enough to what happened during Thanos, but it seemed so much more intimate.

Ajak, Gilgamesh, Druig's village...
It felt like an insult to their memory for me to have found love so shortly after.

"How? How did you do it?" Phastos asked.

"When I touched Tiamut's palm, I felt energy surging into me. Tiamut joined our UniMind." Sersi explained.

"I always wondered how we survived the destruction of other planets that we were on. By being connected to the Celestial as it emerged." 
We became one...even Ikaris and Sprite all because of Tiamut. Makkari signed.

"Is he gone?" Sprite asked, tearfully.
She missed Ikaris the day they met. That fact didn't change even now. 
Sersi nodded, and Sprite sniffled, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Sprite. I still have energy from the UniMind. I think I can make you human. All the things you said you wanted, you can have them. But your time will be fleeting and you'll die one day.
Are you ready for that?" Sersi asked her.

"I am." She choked.
"Go, Sprite," I murmured.
"Remember, sisters. Forever. No matter what."

She went and placed her palm on Sersi's.
"I'm so proud of you, Ava," Druig said.
"You've grown in so many wonderful ways. I'm sorry for not visiting you when I ran away."

I didn't have a reply to that. 

So I just kissed the inside of his palm and hoped that this gesture would cover for the words I lacked.