Chapter-10:

"Maybe home is nothing but two arms holding you when you're at your worse"-Anonymous

As everyone walked away, Druig and I did too.

We went and sat on the roof of the Domo, the daylight reflecting off of the surface, making us near invisible. 
"I'm not going after Sprite. She needs her time alone." I told Druig, hugging my knees close to my chest when he asked.

"Good. Because I have something to ask you again."
"I'll listen."
"I'm in love with you. I know it sounds silly since I just told you I liked you a few days ago. But if there's a chance that my life onwards won't contain you, I need to tell you this. 

I've loved you ever since you timidly said 'hi' on The Domo before we went to Earth. I loved you when you told me your greatest fear. I loved you when you yelled at me about hurting a child's feelings, and when you helped Gilgamesh cook. I've been in love with you forever. Please...please let me love you as you deserve." He said, anxiousness clouding his face.

"I'm scared," I whispered.
"I've never been in love before."

"Then let me show you. Please." Druig gently cupped my cheek with his palm.
"I think I'm in love with you too." I breathed.
"Thank god." He smiled, and I connected my lips to his.

The butterflies erupted in my stomach, and I smiled through the kiss. 
As our foreheads rested against each other, I muttered to him, "We should probably get back." 
"Yeah." He got up, pulling me as well, and we interlaced our fingers.
"Are we dating now?" He whispered as we climbed down the ladder.

"Absolutely."

"It's started! The Emergence has started!" Sersi yelled.
"Shit." We muttered, running to the middle of the Domo. 

"Oh, no. My God." Phastos muttered.
"What about the UniMind?" Sersi asked.
"I haven't figured out a way to connect us, but I'm close. I'm very, very close." He said.
"How much longer?!"

"don't know, Sersi!"
"Find the point of emergence." He muttered to Makkari, giving her something. She bolted off, determination lacing her fingers.

I paced across the room but finally sat on the floor, my fingers grazing my lips.
"Congratulations." Sprite sat beside me on the floor.
"You and Druig. I saw you climb down the ladder."
"Thanks. And you? I'm assuming that you're going to follow Ikaris on whatever mad plan he has going on?" I asked.

"You don't leave those you love." She muttered.
"Okay. I'll love and respect you still. We're sisters. Forever, right?"
"Forever."

Druig walked up to me and sat down next to us.
"I just realised something." I muttered to them.
"Ikaris killed Ajak." 

"He took her body to the Deviants, let them kill her, and then brought it back to her home. That explains why her body was grey. There were burn marks around the area. But what will be flammable outside the house? Nothing. Ikaris burnt the shed down, with his powers."

Ikaris stormed into the room, destroying Phastos's machine.
Druig and Sprite jumped up, in fright, but I sat calmly.
"How does it feel to have killed Ajak, Ikaris?" I asked him.
"Does it hurt? Knowing that you killed the one person you could call your mother?" I said.

"Don't speak of things that are wrong." He yelled.
"Oh, but it isn't, is it?"

"He wouldn't," Sersi muttered.

"I had to." He said.
"She loved you." Sersi whimpered.
"Did she?"
"She loved you." 

"Do you think it was easy to live with the truth? To know that one day all this would end? To keep on lying to you? If we gave humanity the choice, how many of them would be willing to die so that billions more could be born?"

"We're not giving them a choice." Phastos said."Is this why you're willing to kill? You are so pathetic!"

"I'm an Eternal, Phastos. I exist for Arishem. As do you. It's who you are." Ikaris drawled.

"I wouldn't change a single thing about who I am. Born or made. But I do not exist for Arishem, I exist for my family!"

Makkari ran into the room, panting.
I found Tiamut. She signed.

" No! Makkari!" I yelled, pushing her away, as Ikaris sent a blast in her direction, trying to destroy her.
"Get out of here."

"Kingo. Avalon."
"Don't speak as if you know me, Ikaris. You never even tried." I growled, reaching for Excalibur.
"You do not turn against your family. Gilgamesh died because of you." Kingo yelled.

"You won't succeed against me. And I will kill every one of you if I have to." He said.

Sersi was crying softly on the side, and I knew it physically pained her to watch Ikaris behave like this.
"Wait. I'm going with you." Sprite stopped him from leaving. 
"Sprite..." Kingo muttered as she disappeared with Ikaris.

"She is an adult trapped in a child's body. She is allowed to have feelings of her own, even if they don't match her image." I told them.

Why did Sprite go with Ikaris? Makkari signed. 
"Because she loves him. You don't leave those you love." I said.

"He really fooled us all, didn't he? Karun, let's go." Kingo muttered.
"Wait, where the hell are you going?" Phastos said to Kingo.
"I can't help you guys. I still think Ikaris is right."

"So, that's it, huh? Just gonna follow him?"

"I love the people of this planet. But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem. But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs." Kingo said, leaving. 

We need you. Makarri signed.

"Even with my help, we're no match. It's Ikaris. I hope to see you on the next planet." His eyes were watering, and he left.

"Thank you for all you've done...for humanity. It's been a great honour." Karun said in Hindi. 

Druig nodded, and I saw his eyes turn misty.
I squeezed his hand.
"It's okay. We're together," he whispered. "Nothing else matters."
"Look, if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan.  All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial, so..." Druig said.

"Well, Sersi did turn a Deviant into a tree," I muttered.

"I'm sorry, what? You didn't wanna tell me that?" Phastos said, stunned. 

"I don't know how it happened, okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again." She said.

"Well, now is the time to try, don't you think?"