6

"Smile, Adonis Cassidy."

Adonis didn't have time to react. Mitzi being there was perhaps a miracle, otherwise he would have been peppered with holes right about now. As the enemy opened fire, Adonis watched Mitzi bound in front of him in seconds, as if time itself had slowed down for her to catch up. It was ridiculously hot, but the air around him was freezing. This was the power his team had been missing for far too long.

"ICE WALL!" Everything except for Mitzi was living in slow motion. She shot to the ground, connecting her hands with the earth in one swift move, before a huge wave of pure ice rose upwards. Jagged chunks slotted together, blocking the view of the enemy as a frozen shield arose in front of them. Adonis looked on in awe at the great structure.

"A gang?!" Mitzi's ice shield construct was lightning fast and effective. Adonis was more than impressed, watching every bullet either get trapped or ricochet off the solid ice. Adonis didn't know Mitzi well yet, he'd only recruited her through videos showcasing her work online -  typical of the British DRA's promotion. He'd been pestered for months by the Chester and the higher-ups to get someone who wielded ice, for his benefit and for the teams to mix elements. At least a hundred people had been interviewed back at headquarters for a potential match - but he had been correct to pick someone through online presence and intuition alone - she'd be a good addition to the team. Today has proven that - hopefully he'd see much more from Miss Owens in time to come.

Above, Fury had already entered the fight. Adonis could hear the familiar roars and snapping of his dragon's jaws. These people, their enemies, weren't just armed, and they weren't just normal humans either. These were rogue dragon riders.

"I didn't know rogue gang's were gathering this far out of the far Tokyo districts" Adonis mumbled, rising from his position and staring towards the sky. Five or six dragons in total, flying like rabid dogs above their heads. All small in size, Fury having no trouble at keeping them occupied.

"I thought gangs were everywhere?!" Mitzi piped up in response, her eyes looking towards where Adonis' had moved to and was now focused. He could see clearly from this angle behind the safety of the ice, a line of six individuals with guns firing directly at them from the cliff edge. All male. Each lying flat, with only a small window of sight of their enemy. They were still shooting and by the looks of things had no intentions of stopping - reloads were synced so the unit never had a second of downtime.

"They are, even rogue dragon gangs like this. I'm more concerned about that dragon we found and the licensed weapons they're carrying though. Those usually get detained in the ports. They shouldn't have got out of the city with those things-" Adonis was cut short as something suddenly moved out of the corner of his eye. Behind them, from below, a dragon foaming yellow at the mouth, a most common sign of a diseased beast. 

"Mitzi, did they ever teach you to kill dragons in England?" Adonis was deadly still, beads of sweat rolling down his brow, his hand edging ever closer to the knife at his chest. The foaming beast never broke its eye contact from the pair, the rounds of bullets not even distracting it in the slightest.

"They told us where to shoot or cut, that's about it" Mitzi had the same voice level, deadly still alongside him. Adonis took in a long breath.

"Unfortunately that'll have to do. Kill any that look like that, and don't get killed yourself" remaining calm, Adonis finally unsheathed the knife at his chest. In one swift movement, the knife was no longer small and agile, now it was longer and deadly. The beast took one look and screamed, a bubbling stew-like substance trickling from its mouth alongside an agonizing roar that sounded like it would die at any moment. Adonis screamed in return like a madman, eyes bulging. Mitzi watched on in awe as Adonis charged the beast head on. She was starting to believe this man was a suicidal maniac, with no regards to his own safety whatsoever.