10

Midday heat was usually not a killer, but today more than ever the full sun was taking it's toll on Team 4, Aki, Raiden and Ara. Captain Hasagawa regularly ordered breaks, the soldiers all shared water around and took shelter next to the huge lorries that had been sent to move the rubbish.

"I'd say we'll be finished in about an hour, two max" Hasagawa announced as he marched past his soldiers, another three litre bottle of water for them clutched under his arm. His soldiers didn't even lift their heads to follow him, their minds locked in orders as they heaved metal, piece by piece, from the ground.

"It hasn't taken as long as I thought" Aki huffed, sleeves rolled up and arms covered in dirt.

"And at least Raiden's been pulling his weight for once" Ara replied, throwing another heap of metal onto their growing pile. Aki, Ara and Raiden had formed a small team towards the back of the scrapyard, and now they were all on the final hurdle of clearing the whole area entirely. Raiden had opted however not to roll up his sleeves, but rather to remove his T-shirt entirely.

For a dragon rider, he had a more than required fitness level and physique, but Adonis had been the one to thank for that. Both Adonis and Raiden had bonded when they'd first met over exercise and regular gym sessions. Both boys at that time had taken their emotions out on gym machines rather than each other. However, whilst Adonis didn't show off his scar-littered body often, Raiden (when given the opportunity) would be first to rip his t-shirt off to showcase to anyone and everyone.

Aki had laughed at his old friend, Ara had kept her wandering eyes to herself, tutting everytime the male appeared to flex his muscles from a distance at the pair.

"I know you want to look at me so badly Ara~" Raiden finally strutted back over to where they were situated, flexing his muscles as Aki continued laughing and Ara deadpanned him. Raiden's smile got bigger as Ara didn't show an ounce of interest. Not only was he big headed sometimes, Raiden also loved to annoy people when given the right opportunity.

"Shut your face sparky, get moving" Ara's sharpness was something that didn't appear often, but it certainly made the blond move quickly. Disappearing with another load of metal tucked under one arm, Ara finally laughed to herself when he was far enough away. She smiled and watched him walk off, shouting and waving at the soldiers, asking if they needed a hand.

"He's changed" Aki spoke softly, humbly.

"In what sense?" Ara turned to Aki, a face of confusion plastered across her features.

"The first day I met him I was sure he'd be dead within a few weeks, maybe even days. He shouldn't have even pulled through" Aki didn't show any facial expressions when he spoke, Ara never dared to ask anymore than what Aki told her. Raiden had never been one to open up about his past, his truths never revealed and never mentioned. Not yet anyway.

"He's come on so much since that day, and that confidence he'd hidden has also came out in leaps and bounds. It's amazing to see" Aki's face was purely proud, Ara returned the smile. She'd save questions about Raiden for another day. For now, with the metal steaming all around them in the heat, Ara knew they needed to finish up sooner rather than later.

"Aki I think we should start on that final load over there now" Ara changed the subject, pointing towards a last mound of metal and surrounding scrapped cars that stood staring at them. Literally staring- the metal towards the back was thrown in a way it looked like an eye was in the center of the pile, watching their every move.

"That's a sight for sore eyes, get it, because it looks like an eye..." Ara didn't bother to turn around and face Raiden, who was already cackling to himself with the help of Aki. Both had an extremely dire sense of humor.