21

Aukai Medley didn't need to be told twice when to throw himself into action. As fire erupted from his palms, he created a circle of flames on the ground as their teammates battled the mechanical beast leagues above in the sky.

Ren Tachibana, Raiden and Ara all circled round the giant dragon's metal head for a third time, shattering the skull and destroying both of its glass eyes. The dragon wailed with a tin sounding roar, it's broken wings outstretching, colliding with nearby low rising buildings.

"THE CAPTAINS ARE FIGHTING BELOW THE DRAGON, WE NEED TO MOVE THIS DRAGON!" Ren assessed the situation quickly and efficiently, but Ara had been quicker as she surveyed the area again. Team one were on the ground now, they'd evacuated the vicinity and were now evacuating from a few miles away.

"IF WE TAKE ITS HEAD OUT, RIP THE MOTOR IN THE HEART AREA OUT AND TIP THE BODY BACKWARDS WE WON'T HIT THE CAPTAINS BELOW!" Ara knew her plan would cause structural damage to the surrounding buildings worth thousands of Yen, but they didn't have the resources to physically move the dragon out of range. Adding to that, if the dragon fell forward it's probability of crushing the captains was too great of a risk.

"AKIRA DODGE!" Adonis yelled to the vice captain on the ground as Hogan threw another handful of knives towards the trio. Akira was slow, usually agile, now reduced to awkward dodging of blades and pulling punches. Adonis wasn't as quick as Aukai to get in close to Hogan, but the enemy's reaction time was inhuman, with his observation skills refining his movements to a point of untouchability. He was skipping through attacks like he could almost perfectly predict the oncoming strikes.

"We don't stand a chance unless we change this up!" Aukai grumbled over the intercom as he managed to get up close and personal with Hogan again, both men landing blows hard but not enough to knock the wind out of each other.

"Forget it Medley, I've long left you both in the dust" Hogan smirked.

Aukai grunted as he threw another punch which connected with Hogan's jaw. The warrior lost his balance, granting Adonis the precious seconds he needed to launch a long range fireball straight into the enemy. The hit connected with Hogan directly, setting his cape alight as Aukai tackled him.

"REN! GET READY TO INVADE THE CHEST!" Raiden circled round yet again, Ara close to his side as the two calculated an explosive spell. They had one shot at this, they needed to blast a hole big enough so Hex and Ren could enter and destroy the core motor. Ren was surprisingly good with mechanics, he'd blamed it from spending too much time with Akira and his damned bikes. He'd be the one to destroy the motor, no one else present could.

Ara and Raiden's joint attacks were as beautiful and deadly up close than what Ren had seen on tv. He'd never been present when they'd graced an enemy with this attack, it was almost an honor that they'd decided to use it against this mechanical enemy. As both Stormqueller and Taranis leveled out directly beside each other, Ara and Raiden both looking each others way to confirm.

"SPECIAL COMBO SPELL: HOLY LIGHTNING RAIN!!!" They always spoke and attacked in sync with this one.

Ren had to look away, shielding himself, as the water and lightning merged into an explosive meteorite. Waves of mechanical screaming pierced the air, radiating off the dragon, along with the screeching of metal being blown away. The beast's motor was exposed, oil spitting out and trickling down the exterior skeleton, accompanied by screams of robotic pain.

"REN GO!" Raiden and Ara screamed as they both dived to the left and right of the dragon, leaving a clear straight run of motor for Hex to target. Hex was fast, they'd kept distance behind Ara and Raiden but we're now right on top of the monstrosity. Ren jumped into the skeleton swiftly, Hex latching onto the exterior as Ren rammed a knife straight through the motor. The dragon screamed blindly in it's final moments, claws slashing aimlessly at the air. As a good precaution, Ren started ripping wires out to add to the damage, anything connected to the motor was soon thrown from interior to exterior.