9

Two weeks passed before Adonis Cassidy woke up from a medically induced coma.

It was Raiden and Ara who'd had the pleasure of seeing his eyes open on that fateful afternoon. Ara had been sitting on the bed next to Adonis, legs folded and head in a book as the hours of their day off had ticked by. Raiden was in the chair, mumbling on about a conversation that would go long forgotten.

That's when he'd woken up.

Eyes were filled with tears as they'd pulled him into a half conscious, body crushing hug. The nurses hadn't been happy, they'd quoted the pair would squeeze the last life out of him before he'd even left the hospital. Vulcan and Mitzi had visited later that day, Mitzi crying and apologizing for not helping him more on the day he'd been attacked. Typically, Adonis paid no mind to it.

It was rumoured even Aukai had gone to see him late that night- whether he did or not, Adonis never mentioned it regardless.

It was even rumoured that Adonis had lost some of his memories, his mind a haze after the whole incident. Adonis Cassidy however had opened up about what had happened that day- about the blurred figure that haunted his mind until his eyes opened again. It was groggy, his description, the pain he remembered shooting through his body and the bullet that the man had been so desperate to retrieve. His body had burned with pain, in the days after he'd woken up the same pain had plagued him.

For the foreseeable future, he'd be on indefinite hiatus from field operations.

That brings us to the DRA itself, still remaining under tight rules. Adonis now had his own 24 hour security like Aukai, the rest of Eclipse and Cosmos alike having shared 24 hour guards that patrolled and surveyed alongside normal security.

The whole situation wasn't ideal, tension ran high and everything was to be questioned. Work however wouldn't stop, as two days later at 7am exactly, Eclipse was situated back in Chester's office. With a twist this time, as their leader was situated in a wheelchair and Winnie was standing next to Chester in his leatherback chair. Winnie looked like she'd been chewing a wasp, her expression not impressed and seemingly it was probably as Eclipse was making headlines again.

Apparently Cosmos' was drowning under Eclipse's chaos.

"We have a smaller mission, but I don't want to send Cosmos out on this one" Winnie flicked through a mountain of papers, looking for a specific document for longer than was deemed necessary.

Raiden, Ara, Mitzi and Adonis all exchanged glances at each other.

"Is it too small for their reputation?" Raiden muttered, earning a warning glance from Winnie.

"Must be" Mitzi retorted after him, earning smirks and quiet giggles from her comrades. Despite the situation, Mitzi had been bonding with her fellow teammates more in the past weeks, her sense of humour and sarcasm also escalated with the time she'd spent with Ara and Raiden.

Luckily, she'd escaped the chaos with only a pair of slightly ruptured eardrums, nothing that a few weeks on ear drops couldn't resolve. It was a miracle that both her and Adonis were alive.

"That's enough. Ara, Raiden- were sending you two troublemakers. Don't you dare cause any chaos. I'd send Vulcan but us four need to go over incident reports and I need a witness" Chester sighed, the overwhelming amount of paperwork spilled onto every surface in his office. Vulcan was the second smartest in Eclipse after Adonis, and paperwork surprisingly was something he actually enjoyed. Raiden always called him weird in that sense, Vulcan had always flicked him on the forehead for his comments.

Regarding incident reports, these were something that required a witness when they were being signed off for the government to review after the DRA submitted them. As Adonis was technically classed as off work, Vulcan would step into his shoes.