19

Hogan the Warrior definitely thrived off bringing chaos and death wherever he set foot.

As his boot pressed into Akira's back, the gut twisting smirk that laid upon his face would make anyone uneasy. Akira made no noise, his dragon wailing the whole time in his place. Yoru was unsettled, not being able to get even remotely close as the mechanical dragon had bought its own back up with it. Smaller dragons, yellow bubbling foam secreting from its mouth. Never a good sign- and both Ren, his dragon and Yoru were being overpowered by them.

Ren manipulated the air around, sucking the oxygen out and making another enemy dragon plummet dead to the ground below. His own dragon, named Hex, barred her razor sharp fangs at everything that came their way. She didn't hesitate to throw either of them around, snapping at any diseased beast that came at them and practically biting them in half.

"THIS IS ROMEO TO CONTROL I REPEAT, THIS IS ROMEO TO CONTROL. AKIRA IS DOWN I REPEAT AKIRA IS DOWN!" Ren was cutting it fine himself, Hex danced through the sky to narrowly avoid the unhinged jaws of the diseased beasts now coming from every angle. A site like this was unfortunately becoming more common, Ren was sure the Crusaders had something to do with it too.

"I don't have too much time, but will you boys do me a favor and scram. I'd rather not lose any of my stray dogs any time soon" down on the ground Hogan's voice trailed off as he spoke to the three youths, who stiffer than anything scrambled away.

"And as for you..." Hogan bent down and yanked Akira up by his hair, blood pouring down his unconscious face. Hogan took in his blood covered features, a wicked smile on his face.

"Consider this my present to Aukai Medley..." the knife he pulled out from under his jacket was already stained with crimson. Yoru could sense her rider's life was in the balance, her screaming becoming more erratic. Ren was physically shaking, the screams crawling right up his spine. She sounded like a dying animal, screaming in pain as if she was the one about to be killed. He knew something terrible was about to happen on the ground, yet he'd got no power in the entire world to stop it.

After all, the sky could never stop the earth from crumbling.

But everything else could try.

As three dragons shattered the heavens, Hogan the warrior stopped his tranquil rampage to see who'd disturbed his fun for the day. Ren could have honestly cried as he saw water and electricity mixing together, the blinding white and deepest blue coming to their rescue.

But the main event of this rescue team came down quicker than lightning and more effortlessly than water. Adonis Cassidy was like a hurricane, he swooped through the sky with Fury so fast that the human eye couldn't keep their focus on him. Hogan the Warrior however only laughed profoundly as Adonis crashed to the earth, the leader of Eclipse's eyes burning with such uncharacteristic ferocity and bloodlust.

"YOU!" Adonis was shaking in his frenzy, "YOU WON'T TRY AND TAKE ANY MORE PEOPLE FROM US".

Raiden and Ara's joint attack deafened the tension between them as they targeted the mechanical beast's head above. Hogan now erupted into hysterical laughter that made Adonis' blood curl, his pale hand outstretched towards Eclipse's leader.

"YOU- ADONIS CASSIDY- SHOULD BE SIX FEET UNDER!" The words a grave reminder of what this man was capable of, the only difference this time was Adonis wasn't scared of what he could do.

After all, Adonis was the leader of Eclipse for a reason.

"HE'LL BE SIX FEET UNDER WHEN I'M FINISHED WITH HIM!" Raiden growled down the intercom, he'd been listening in since they'd arrived. Ara flew at record speed over Hogan and Adonis' location, making sure she knew exactly where her comrade was on the ground before herself, Raiden, Fury and their own dragons continued the airborne dog fight.

"Alert us if you need help Adonis" Ara didn't say more, circling back round as Ren caught up with the pair from his position above.

"Thanks for coming" Ren finally breathed a sigh of relief, Hex taking out another dragon in the meantime. Raiden shot one down himself as he and Taranis flew above and over Ren, the bolt of lightning striking through the heart.

"Don't thank us yet, rather thank your Captain and Vice captain for having plans in place" Raiden leveled out beside Ren, both men watching Ara strike the mechanical dragon's head again. It wasn't moving at all, suspectedly its electronics must have been paralyzed from their previous attack.

"How did you get here so quick?!" Ren watched as Yoru and Fury now took over, both dragons burning everything that stood in their way.

"Adonis made us move out the moment Medley went live, that was an hour ago right? We flew all the way here, these dragons are ridiculously quick when pushed to the max" Raiden spoke quickly, assessing the situation in front of him.

They needed to sort this mechanical thing out first, then they'd all be able to regroup and help Adonis out. The quicker this was sorted, the better chance they'd have of getting the enemy's head today.

"Ren, we're going to have to work together, you okay with that?" Raiden spoke over his intercom but he turned to face the rider beside him. Ren only laughed back, throwing his thumbs up from afar.

"You don't need to ask, now let's kill this motherfucker!"

.
.
.
.
chapter 19, end.
please feel free to comment, vote & share <3