22

The first place Adonis could think of was Nagoya to call his quickly planned emergency meeting. Kyoto press and even Tokyo press were on their backs, Nagoya was the meet in the middle location that would buy them some time to prepare for the next round of hounding.

They needed to speak to Chester.

Aukai, Akira and Ren had been bundled up and shipped off back to base, Akira was to be hospitalized and Aukai to be assessed as soon as they got to the base hospital. Adonis hadn't had time to speak with him after he gave up his win to Adonis, the genuine smile that had laid upon his face was haunting Adonis' memory.

"Chester's in front of us, he'll teach you before we will" Vulcan spoke over the phone, Adonis leaning against the wall by a huge window overlooking the city. Lights lit up the night, sparkling like lanterns in a forest. The Nagoya DRA base was much like the Kyoto one- not huge towering buildings but big enough to house armies when needed. It wasn't busy either, it was late night when they all arrived and no one would be leaving until morning at least.

"Be careful riding here Vulcan. Is Mitzi okay too?" Adonis asked quieter than usual. The shock of the events of the day had left him weary, and not in much of a talkative mood. To add to it, the fact Aukai had let Eclipse take the victory was an unexpected feat.

"She's fine, we're both more worried about you. Videos of you, Aukai and Akira fighting the enemy have gone viral online. This is the only time I'll say it, but I'm glad Aukai was there for you today"

"I'm not keeping my hopes up that he's redeemed himself even a little bit?"

"Dream on Adonis"

"Are you going to tell me what happened today?" Vulcans genuine concern was getting to Adonis, but he shrugged him off quicker than anything.

"You'll find out soon enough, just get here in one piece please" Adonis and Vulcan never said goodbye when they ended a phone call, just hanging up was enough for them.

Within the hour Vulcan and Mitzi had arrived, the conference room Adonis had taken over now displaced with all of Eclipse. He'd given Vulcan and Mitzi a brief but thorough breakdown of what was happening, both as shocked as anyone. All of Eclipse were now seated spread out around the room, Adonis standing, a chair placed in the middle specifically for one person.

The doors smacked against the walls as Chester stormed in, his team all looking up to acknowledge his presence.

"What's happened Adonis? Aukai won't talk and the press said you didn't compromise, there's only videos of you, Aukai and Akira fighting circulating online-" Chester's voice was full of worry, the man looking like he'd been pulling his hair out from the roots as soon as he'd fallen through the doors. Adonis looked up from the ground, the guilt of what he was about to tell Chester weighing all a bit too heavy on his shoulders for one day.

"Chester, please take a seat" Adonis outstretched a hand, to which Chester stopped in his tracks and threw Adonis a confused expression. Adonis observed as Chester looked around the room, as if he was asking Eclipse for answers. Everyone avoided his gaze, looking either at the ground or completely in another direction. Chester took his seat, central, on the spot. Adonis grabbed his own chair, pulling it across the wooden floor and dumping it directly in front of Chester.

"Tell me what's going on, right now Adonis" Eclipse's captain could see the tears starting to form in Chester's eyes, deep down Adonis swore a part of Chester knew what he was about to be told. After all Chester had seen the case files- Akira had made copies for both him and Winnie.

"It's your son, Henry" Adonis didn't need to say anymore, as Chester broke down into hysterics almost instantly. Adonis looked sideways, Vulcan meeting his gaze. This wouldn't be easy, they were about to turn this man's life upside down once again.
"Chester, he's-"

"Can I see him?" Adonis felt sick. The utter concern on his face was destroying.

"He's the leader of the Crusaders" Adonis wouldn't sugarcoat it, coming out with the truth straight off the bat would be the best direction to go.

Chester didn't say anything.

He didn't even move.

"He died though... I...buried him..." Chester stared into space, Adonis couldn't bring himself to look at Chester. The realization on his face was more than anyone deserved to hear.

"You buried an empty coffin as he never came home did he? You never saw him from the day you left Johannesburg, your home city" Vulcan paced forward, taking over from Adonis who was already physically exhausted.

"Why are you being so harsh on me, do you think I knew?" Chester placed his head in his hands, not holding himself up to look at Vulcan anymore, who's interrogation skills were far harsher than Adonis'.

"No I don't, it's clear you had no idea. But I'm being harsh because you need to realize that monster isn't your son. People are dead because of him. Our teammates almost died because of him. People will die because he doesn't intend to stop until the two biggest DRA powerhouses in Japan are reduced to nothing. That's Adonis, it's us, and Chester... it's you." Nobody dared to say another word, Chester still couldn't look up, thoughts pulling his head down, pulverizing his reality.

"Akira's sent over the file" Raiden disrupted the brief silence, walking over to Vulcan with his phone at hand. The screen showcasing a file Akira had emailed over.

"He's meant to be recovering" Adonis tutted, also getting up from his chair to look at the file on Raiden's phone. The three men stared at the information on the screen before them, taking it all in.

Henry Hogan Sullivan
Profession: Soldier- front lines
MISSING IN ACTION
Cause of death: presumed killed in action

Extra additional notes
- to be noted- Son of Chester Sullivan, former boss of The Rangers. Mr Sullivan since has moved to the Japan DRA
Contact XXX-XXX if needed
- diagnosed with paranoia, medication to be prescribed weekly

"Your son has paranoia? No wonder he wants you and Aukai dead" Characteristically Raiden couldn't help erupting into laughter, but when no one joined him he quickly composed himself. Ara and Mitzi never commented, both women just observing the men on this one.

"No, for once I agree with you Raiden" everyone however was more shocked when their boss spoke up, lifting his head and staring towards where the boys analyzed his son's file.

"I left Henry in Africa as I knew two boys named Aukai Medley and Adonis Cassidy stood more of a chance of becoming powerhouse names. I left my son because I knew he didn't have potential above what he'd already achieved. I never went back for him, not even once. I haven't seen him for over five years, that's when I left Africa for good..." Chester's voice wavered off, no one decided to answer him. And as Chester pulled out his phone and dialed one number, Adonis knew.

War was coming.

.
.
.
.
chapter 22, end.
please feel free to comment, vote & share <3