TROUBLE

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this," I commented as I finished applying my black eyeliner. I've had comments before about how I apply it to heavy *cough* Megan *cough*. But I love the way it makes my deep blue eyes sparkle.

"It's your twenty-fifth birthday, it needs to be celebrated!" Loretta said happily. "Besides you need a night out you're getting all cat lady, minus the cats."

I rolled my eyes as I pulled my brown locks up into a high ponytail. Loretta had convinced me to join her at club Trouble. We've been a few times before and I will admit I sort of love the place. It's bi-leveled with the second floor overlooking the first. It had five full bars scattered all over the place so getting a drink wasn't difficult.

The DJ always placed a mix between current hits and oldies so there was something for everyone. The bathrooms were always clean, and the bouncers were always on top of their game. I once saw a guy be removed from the club for just raising his voice. The owner is said to like a calm environment where people can come and have a good time and not have to worry about when a fight will break out.

"So, have you called Brandon yet?"

I sighed and shook my head. Loretta had been asking me the same question for almost a week now. Yet my answer never changed. No, I haven't called him.

"We've been over this," I mumbled as I adjusted my dress in the mirror. It was a beautiful green color with a halter top and an open back that flared mildly around my thighs. I didn't own many nice things because most of my money went to bills, but I couldn't pass this one up when I found it in the thrift store. "I don't even know which one was Brandon."

"Does it matter?" she snorted. "They were ALL prime cut yummy-ness."

"Are you ready?" I asked to change the subject.

"Yes," she bounced fluffing her hair once more in the mirror. "Don't think I don't know what you're doing. You're not getting out of this conversation."

"Lo," I sighed. "You know I don't date costumers. We've been over this a million times. Just let it go."

"How about we text him!" She continued ignoring me. "Tell him to meet us at the club then you will know for sure which guy it was!"

"I threw away his number," I confessed.

She sighed in annoyance but then perked back up, "Oh well. Guess we'll just have to get you laid another way."

After waiting a half an hour in line, we were finally weaving our way through the crowd. Loretta pulled me straight to the bar and ordered our first round of drinks.

"Here's to a bad ass night!" she toasted before practically chugging her drink in one go.

"Slow down, killer," I giggled. "We have all night!"

"You're right, let's dance!" she announced loudly and pulled me out to the massive dance floor.

A few hours and rounds later we made our way back to the bar. Loretta was a giggling mess, and I knew it was because she was inhaling her alcohol so much faster than me. She leaned on the hardwood and flashed the bartender a flirty smile. He shook his head and asked, "What can I get you?"

I quickly covered her mouth and ordered, "She will have a water and I'll take a sex on the beach."

He made quick work of our drinks and pass them over to us, "eight-fifty."

I cringed inwardly at the price. I forgot how much drinking out could cost. Looks like this was going to be my last drink of the night.

"That's on me," said a male voice from beside me as he tapped the hand that was holding my card out. "A beautiful woman such as yourself shouldn't be buying her own drinks."