Fishy

My back hit the door after it closed, I brought my fingers up to my lips. I'd never been kissed like that in my life. The moment his lips touched mine I knew I was screwed. They were soft and so strong. He was sure of what he wanted, and he took it. Although, I was very happy to give.

I smiled and closed my eyes to relive the moment in my mind. A soft giggle escaped my lips as I thought about his kiss.

"Well now, don't you sound satisfied."

I think I jumped a full foot in the air at the sound of Loretta's voice. I clutched my chest and gasped for air, "What the hell, Lo?"

"Hey, it ain't my fault you didn't see me sitting here," she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked as I dropped my purse on the side table and began slipping off my shoes.

"I was waiting for you," she answered in a tone that said, "isn't it obvious."

I sighed then plopped myself next to her on the couch.

"Well?" she asked and poked me in the arm, "how was it?"

I smiled again thinking about my night. My words spilt out like vomit as I told her everything. From the time he picked me up until the time he dropped me off. It felt amazing reliving the date. If I was being honest with myself, it was the best one I had ever been on.

"Wow," Loretta said with a happy sigh, "it all sounds so romantic. I can't believe he actually left the restaurant like that. No wonder you were all dream land and giggles."

"Oh," I blushed, "um... That was about the goodnight kiss."

"There was a goodnight kiss!" Loretta hopped in her seat and grabbed my hands, "Spill, now!"

"Lo, when I say it was magical, I'm not exaggerating," I began. "Have you ever had a kiss that just knocked your sock off? That you know you wanna kiss that man every day for the rest of your life even though you just met?"

She shook her head, "That good?"

"Better," I sighed, "Lo, if he called me tomorrow and asked me to quit my job and come live with him and give him fifteen babies, I would do it."

"You got all that from a kiss?"

A small laugh emitted from my lips, "It's an overall thing. I'm being facetious anyway."

"I really happy for you, Anna," she smiled.

"Well let's not count my chickened just yet," I smiled. "You going home tonight?"

"Nah, too dark out," she answered, "mind if I crash?"

I shook my head, "not at all. Friends marathon?"

"Um, yes bitch."

We both giggled as we got comfortable on the couch. I clicked the TV on and froze when I saw the screen.

"In tonight's headlining report," the anchorman said. "The body of Chester Garcia was found under The Strawberry Mansion bridge. Here's Amanda with the story."

I pressed pause and stared at the picture being shown on the screen.

"Anna?" Loretta questioned and placed a hand on my arm.

I gasped as the move pulled me out of my trance.

"Is everything okay?"

"Do you remember me telling you about the guy who drugged my drink?"

I saw her nod her head out of the corner of my eye before I whispered, "That was him."

// Two Weeks Later \\