Riding In Cars With Boys

(Inspiration image as per requested 😉)

"You can't still be mad at me!" Loretta whined as my back was to her.

It's been a few days since Brandon and I had started texting, and I confronted her about giving him my number...An accusation she denies whole heartedly. Nonetheless I still agreed to let her help me get ready for my date tonight. She brought over a few dresses for me to try on.

Currently I was standing in front of my mirror in a silk purple number. It had thin straps and a cowl neckline. It was a slim fit that clung to my hips and fell just above my knees. Loretta had amazing taste when it came to fashion, and I loved borrowing her clothes. It helped we were virtually the same size, well minus the fact that her boobs were a whole cup size larger than mine.

I sighed and turned towards her, "I'm not mad Lo, just sort of annoyed you didn't ask first."

"I swear Anna it wasn't me!" she pouted.

"Fine," I said with a roll of my eyes, "you didn't give Brandon my number."

"You don't sound very convincing," she mumbled.

"I think this is the one," I said smoothing my hand down my side hoping the change in topic would perk her up.

"Yes!" she said happily and bounced on her feet. "Now sit, we only have an hour to do your hair and make-up."

"Try to keep it natural please," I requested, "I don't wanna look like someone I'm not."

While Loretta worked her magic. I thought about everything Brandon had told me about himself. It wasn't very much. Now that I think about it, we talked a lot about me. I do know on top of having the club, he runs his family's real estate business. He likes walking his rottweiler, Titan, and his favorite color was black.

He hasn't personally picked me up from work since the first time. But has sent his driver every night since then. He told me it was for his peace of mind. He wanted to make sure I made it home safe. A part of me thought he just didn't want me riding in another man's car. But I immediately tossed that thought away because it was absurd.

Loretta finished my lips with a swipe of the gloss wand just as there was a knock at my door.

"Talk about timing," she giggled.

I gave myself a glance in the mirror and smiled. She had listened when I asked her to keep it simple. A not to dramatic purple tinted smoky eye, light sprinkling of blush, and a clear gloss. She had pulled half of my hair back into a clip and curled the ends of the rest of it. Simple.

On my way to the door, I grabbed my clutch and checked to make sure I had everything I needed. Cash, I.D., mace, and... condoms? I turned to look at Loretta and she gave me two thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and threw the foil packages at her making her laugh.

"That's not happening tonight."

"You're no fun!" she giggled playfully.

The sight that met me when I opened the door was nothing short of delicious. Brandon had his hair slicked back and wore a crisp white button up. The sleeves were rolled up showing off his forearms and his slacks looked perfectly tailored. Like custom made for his body. I had to stop myself from biting my lip and slamming the door in his face to snatch those condoms back from Loretta.

"You look gorgeous," he commented snapping me out of my lust filled trance.

"Not so bad yourself, handsome," I internally cringed at the cheesy come back but it made him chuckle.

"I hope you don't mind roses," he said as he held out a small bouquet I hadn't noticed in his hands.

I smiled and nodded my head as he passed them over, "They're beautiful. Let me just put them in some water then we can go."