The First Date

The hostess seemed sweet enough. She gave us a polite smile and greeted us as we entered. Brandon gave his name, and she didn't even look down at her list. She simply nodded her head and grabbed a few menus and asked us to follow her to our table.

The inside of the building was just as intimidating as the outside. Beautiful black table clothes lined each table without a single wrinkle. The walls were a gorgeous shimmering silver that reflected the low lights. The chairs seemed to be lined with a soft purple velvet and the silverware looked like real silver. I did not belong in a place like this.

When we reached our table Brandon pulled my chair out so I could sit and helped me scoot in. He took his seat across from me and immediately moved the candle that was in between us off to the side. I raised a brow at him.

"I don't want anything blocking my view," he said with a smirk.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I ducked behind my menu. Looking at it was a mistake I barely understood half of what was on this thing. What the hell was Foie Gras? And where were the prices. I jumped about ten feet in the air when the waitress made her presence known.

"Welcome to Studio Fifty-Four I'm Kristen I'll be taking care of you tonight. May I interest you in a glass of our 97 Chateau Latour Premier Grand Cru?"

I watched as she eyed Brandon up and down while she awaited his answer. Great, just what I needed a horney waitress who's going to butter up my date and ignore me. I've read to many books to not know this could go down three ways.

One, Brandon will ignore her making her pissed and she'll get nasty with me when I go to the restroom then she'll spit in my food.

Two, Brandon will ignore her, and she'll make a snarky comment towards me pissing him off, and it will cost her her job.

Three, Brandon flirts back and when she leaves, he'll act like he didn't do anything wrong.

"No, thank you," he responded, "I'll have a top shelf whiskey on the rocks." He looks up at me with a smile, "What do you want to drink, baby?"

My eyes widened lord I was not ready for that question. Do I order wine? I know nothing about wine, shit! If I order a hurricane is that too uncultured? Would the bartender even know what that was.

"She'll have a sex on the beach," he told Kristen. "Also, please send your manager my way."

Kristen nodded and walked away.

"How did you know that's my drink of choice?" I asked, "I could have wanted a hurricane."

"Do you want a hurricane?"

I put my menu back up to look it over, "no."

His deep chuckle made my cheeks warm again. This man was full of surprises. One of them being more information about me then I knew about him. Loretta and I were going to have a serious talk later about my private life being PRIVATE... again.

"Mr. Willcox," A man in a tailored suit said as he approached our table. "My name is Barney Rodium, I'm the manager here. Kristen said you asked to speak to me."

"Is John working tonight?" Brandon asked.

"He is."

"Wonderful," Brandon smiled, "My mother and I were very fond of his service the last time we were here. I'd like to ask to switch to him as our server."

"But sir," he began but stopped short when Brandon's face turned serious. "Of course, I'll send him right over."

He rushed away from the table, and I gave Brandon a confused look, "Why did you do that?"