Chapter 15

Clark took a few steps back as soon as he noticed those two blades sticking out of Alessandro's arms. The laptop, that was completely fine just moments ago, was now on the ground, broken. Due to Alessandro's strength, the object cracked and was divided into two.

"Clark." Alessandro called that made him flinch.

However, despite his nervousness, Clark replied in a calm manner.

"Don't do anything, Al. Not in that state."

There was a moment of silence before Alessandro sighed as his hands started trembling from anger. He then stood up from his seat and started heading towards the door in which had automatically opened for him.

"Al!" Clark called in a warning tone. Even if he was trembling in fear inside, he needed to act tough at times like this. "You're in no state to--"

"Then what in the fvckin hell am I supposed to do?!" Alessandro roared, facing Clark's direction. "You've watched it too! She made that video a week ago! You know what that means? It means we've wasted so much time already!"

"Yes, I've watched it too. But first you have to calm--"

"BULLSH*T!"

Clark flinched at the sound of Alessandro's fist and blade hitting the wall. His glare were sending daggers at Clark's direction, as if he was an enemy of his. Clark couldn't move nor utter a single word. He wanted to say things that would somehow help in pulling back Alessandro's rational side up in the surface but couldn't. He felt like he was in a tight space with a powerful beast standing a few meters from him.

"I've been doing that shit all my fvckin life! Calm?! I've already wasted enough time to be calm!"

"Al, I--I know how you feel right now and--"

"Hah!" Alessandro scoffed. "Do you?!"

Clark's lips formed in a thin, tight line. He didn't know. However, at the moment, he also felt rage within him. But his job to prevent somene close to him from leaving their life came first.
For a moment, both men stared at eachother with one baring his fangs while the other trying to plead for a more rational decision. In the end, Alessandro stormed out of the room, leaving a broken door.

'Shit, that sliding door was costly.'

Clark thought as his legs gave out. He sat on the cold floor with a loud exhale. He suddenly felt a bit dizzy due to the stress he just went through. In an instant, his expression crumpled the same time his fists clenched.

"Fine! Do whatever you want then, dumbass! Go and fvckin die!" He yelled in which Alessandro heard as the doors of the elevator opened for him. "You dare show that face of yours with your own blood smeared all over yourself, I'll stab you with my scalpels myself!" He then kicked the chair that Alessandro was sitting at awhile ago. "Fvck you, Anderson! Just come back in one piece and alive..." His voice got tinier as he said the last sentence. "At this point, Audrey needs to be informed." He mumbled then sighed.

From the ground, his gaze shifted towards the bed where Chieko was at.

"You've been through a lot kid." He whispered as his heart ached remembering what he and Alessandro had watched a while ago.

"We're quintuplets." Those two words were like a surprise attack that hit Clark's ears. And before he could even think of another thing, Chieko dropoped another information that made him freeze. " However, two years ago, our eldest, Akihiko, died."

A soft smile, that could break anyone whoever saw it, formed on Chieko's lips.  It was obvious that she was forcing herself to smile.

"Because of me. I-I  killed my brother." A tear escaped Chieko's eye as she took a deep breath. "They made me. If I didn't, they would've hurt mom and the others. I-I don't know what they did to me...  I don't know what they want but they kept on asking us something about a code. At that time, I didn't-- I didn't know I--" Chieko's breathing became uneven that she had a hard time catching her breath. Both her hands grabbed portions of her hair in a fist as she tightly closed her eyes and started counting. Two blades then started sticking out off her arm, as if it was a fast growing tree branch. It was a scene that reminded Alessandro of that incident at his office. That scene wherein he saw Chieko crouching under his desk with both blood stained hands covering her ears as she counted.