Chapter 10

It's been three days ever since Alessandro's little berserk and until now, Chieko hasn't regained her consciousness yet. Alessandro was getting worried day by day and his unusual anxiousness was so visible that it somehow amused Francis. This kid's demeanor was usually calm and collected in any kind of situation. He didn't even show this kind of anxiousness when his little sister was hospitalized. Maybe because he knew things will go well?

While Francis was amused, Kaizer and Clark was worried for Alessandro. Him being calm was better than him being this easy to read. It was a rare occurrence. Alessandro hadn't stepped out of Chieko's room ever since the moment he stepped in. He was stiffly sitting there, examining the little girl's every feature as he waited for her to regain consciousness. He was like a poor child, waiting for his mother to come back.

"Dad, can't you like talk with Al. It's been three days and he hasn't stepped out of that fvckin room! He didn't even touch the foods that were delivered in there." Clark spoke up as he pointed at the room where the father and daughter was. "Look, I know Alessandro doesn't feel hunger but he's still a human being! His body will--"

"Geez, you're being too noisy." Francis irritatingly said as he leaned on his chair and took a sip on his tea. Both of them were in an observation room that showed the inside of the room where Chieko and Alessandro are at. His gaze then landed on Alessandro as a bitter smile appeared on his lips. "It's been only three days, son. Have you forgotten? His body can survive without food and water for at least a month."

Clark clenched his fists once he heard this. Of course he didn't forget. How could he forget that part? He just couldn't stand witnessing that thing himself. He knew very well of how Alessandro's body would function and react but still... He couldn't stop himself to worry for that man whom he considered as his own brother.

Seeing his son's facial reaction, Francis took in a deep breath and heavily sighed. He laid his cup on the small table before him and reached for Clark's shoulder, gently tapping it.

"Just let him be for the time being. If we interrupt him, things might go worse than it already is. How's the investigation about Chieko's past whereabouts going?" Francis asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, I had a call with Kaizer this morning and he said that they still can't find anything. They checked all the surveillance camera's nearby where she first appeared but they got nothing. The recordings were tampered. It was as if someone was trying to hide where she was before she appeared in front Alessandro's company. Joana, their computer freak, has been working on it though."

"Okay. Inform me if you guys found something. We have to find Sakura, dead or alive."

Clark's lips twitch when he heard his father's cold tone and last three words. "Dad, you can't be possibly believing that Sakura's dead, right? I mean, she's lived with that--" Francis cuts him off by changing it to another subject again.

"This little girl must've had someone who helped her escape that facility. If none, then they must've sent this little one intentionally. Now which one of it is the answer?" Before Clark could answer, Francis continued. "It's probably the former. Raphael wouldn't let go of such a valuable subject. We have to find that person who helped Chieko. That way, we can gain information and find Sakura." And might as well let me end everything... He added deep inside his head. Things were going too far already. It has to stop.

A new generation had already started and yet---

"Right." Clark said as he fell in deep thought. Something then popped in his mind, making him snap his fingers that caught Francis' attention. "By the way, dad. Kaizer also informed me that Adam's actions recently is a bit disturbing."