Chapter 3

Alessandro silently stared at the silver ring he's holding with his thumb and index finger. It was that same ring that he had given her years ago in which she had rejected. He never had thought that he'll be seeing it again for she had thrown it somehwere when he tried putting it on her ring finger. To say that he was surprised to see it once again would be an understatement. He would be more than happy to see it if the situation was different. He would be happy if it was not someone else who had showed him the ring.

Alessandro then closes his eyes and tried holding in his tears. He's currently sitting at one of the benches that's along a quiet hallway.

Moments later, he heard footsteps approach. Sighing, he stood up and hid the ring in his pocket. Despite having his mind all jumbled and disturbed, he still has this composed look that could dominate others.

"Al." Kaizer called that made Alessandro turn to him.  He could see the worry and concern in his eyes.

"How's the kid?" He asked.

Seconds after she said 'sorry', she fainted. Fortunately, Adam was only behind her that he had catched her before she completely fell on the ground.

Kaizer opened his mouth to speak but he closed it again and sighed. He shook his head as he took in a deep breath.

"She's fine." His lips then pursed in a thin line. "Clark had treated her wounds."

Alessandro's brows creased at what he heard. "Wounds?" He asked in which Kaizer had nodded.

"It seems that the bullet wound was not the only one. She had other wounds that are also fresh all over her body." Kaizer swallowed a lump before continuing. "Clark said that she... That she also has some bruises and stitches at certain parts of her body." He couldn't help but avert his gaze when he saw something flash in Alessandro's eyes. Rage.

"Al, where are you going?" Kaizer quickly asked when Alessandro turned around and started walking away. But instead of answering his question, he continued walking and said,

"Take care of the kid for two hours."

Kaizer sighed and nodded as if his friend coukd see his action. "Okay."

He didn't ask more questions for he already knew where he's going and why would he go there. He wanted some time alone.  It was usual for Alessandro to go to the cemetery and stay there for hours just to stare at a gravestone whenever he's got so much in his mind.

~~~

Adam, Kaizer, Nicholas and Gregory didn't know what to do for now. They only sat and silently stared at the little girl who's  lying on that white hospital bed.

"So, what now?"  Gregory asked, breaking the deafening silence.

"No idea." Nicholas answered as he tore his gaze from the girl to turn his head to Kaizer and Adam who's still silent. "What dis boss say, Kai?" He asked.

"To take care of her for two hours." Kaizer answered, not tearing his gaze from the kid. After that, there was a long silence.

That two words that last came out fron the girls' lips still lingered around Kaizer's head. Without even asking, he already had a feeling what she meant. But he had hoped that he's wrong. He wished that whatever he was thinking, it was wrong.