Chapter 6

A big smile was plastered on Alessandro's lips as he raised his head from Chieko's feet. After taking care of some trash, Alessandro went to get some black leather shoes that he thought would suit the little one. And he too was so glad that he got the right size.

'My eyes never fail me' He thought.

"Try walking with it." Alessandro said as he stood up and took a step back, giving Chieko a space to walk on. His smile only widened when she looked up at him smiling after taking a few steps. "Well?"

"I like it."

Alessandro nodded as he came close to Chieko and grabbed her tiny hand, squeezing it a little.

"Let's go then."

Chieko only gave him a smile and nodded.

As they walked and added some stuff on their cart, people that they would pass by couldn't help but look at them in an awe. From time to time, the father and daughter would argue about some clothing. Alessandro preferred her wearing dresses and skirts, girly outfits, since that's what he had dreamed of in case he had a daughter but the problem was that she wanted the opposite. She wanted clothing's that were similar to her father's clothes. In the end, Alessandro would just go with what his daughter would like to wear.

"Damn, Kai." Adam groaned as he pushed the cart full of Chieko's new stuff.

Kaizer glanced at the man walking beside him and chuckled when he saw his crumpled face. Adam was not fond of shopping. Everyone that knew him knows that a lot. He would do some shopping but that would only last for about an hour or two, sometimes just thirty minutes.

"Just bare with it, Brown." Kaizer said, shaking his head sideward.

"I didn't know boss was fond of shopping." Adam whispered.

"He's not." Kaizer, once again, chuckled. "He never was. But you see that little girl walking beside him?" He asked pointing at Chieko who just nodded at something that Alessandro had said. "Yeah, it's because of her that he's, well, enjoying this whole thing."

Kaizer still had those questions bottled up in his head but seeing his friend smiling truly once again made him forget those at this moment.

"Ah, by the way, what's taking those two so long?" Adam asked, looking around. It was quite awhile now since the two had disappeared.

Adam and Kaizer didn't need any explanation when they heard Alessandro say a certain location and nodded at them once. It meant they had to clean up some mess.

Kaizer only shrugged at his question and focused at the two figures walking in front of him. Seeing Alessandro smile again made him feel at ease somehow but there was something in his friend's smile that he couldn't point out. He shook his head before his thought would journey far.

'He's happy right now. That's all what matters'

He thought.

~~~

"You killed someone."

From the road ahead, Alessandro turned his head to the passenger seat where Chieko sat. She's currently staring at the blurry figures they were passing by. And  instead of saying something, Alessandro returned his gaze at the road, pursing his lips in a thin line