Chapter 7

2:28 AM

That's what the digital clock in Alessandro's room read. Its glowing red light was the only light radiating in his entire room. Sighing, he removed his gaze from the clock and sat up. He couldn't sleep a wink. The image of Chieko trembling with her eyes closed and both palms covering her ears as she counted still lingered around his mind. Not to mention her hands that were stained with blood.

Cautiously, he got out of the bed and grabbed the lighter and pack of cigarette on the nightstand. When he reached the sliding glass door to the balcony, he looked back at his bed where a small figure is peacefully sleeping.

He then shook his head and sighed before opening the sliding glass door and went out. As soon as he did, the gentle night breeze greeted his face.

Leaning on the railings of the balcony, Alessandro took out a stick of cigar and lit it. Only then did his stiff body seemed to feel a bit relaxed. His mind was flooding with thoughts of the sudden events that occured since the other day.

Frankly speaking, he still hasn't grasped the entire situation properly.  He might've looked calm and composed but deep inside he was actually anxious. He still haven't started investigating the matter regarding the appearance of the little one and yet the other party had already started acting.

The image of Chieko's bloody hand and that woman's lifeless body suddenly surfaced in Alessandro's busy mind. His brows furrowed at this as he puffed smoke.  Moments later, he slowly stretched his right arm and stared at it.

'Was her weapon really the same as mine?' He thought, remembering that feeling of something moving beneath Chieko's skin when he held her arm yesterday morning after her seizure.

Alessandro was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard rustling footsteps from below.  He was alert for a moment but relaxed when he saw Kaizer walking towards the almost lifeless garden. 

Earlier, when the father and daughter duo got home, they saw Kaizer sitting on the couch in the living watching some kids show. He said that he'll crash for the night and as his payment, he cooked them dinner. 

It was normal for Kaizer to suddenly crash in Alessandro's house from time to time but as for this time, Alessandro knew there's a reason. He has a rough idea on Kaizer's purpose. He either wants to keep an eye on the duo, scared that something might happen, especially to the little one, or he wants to squeeze some informations out of the kid.

Probably both...

As Alessandro gazed at Kaizer's back, he noticed something in his hand. One of his brows rose as he spoke.

"I don't remember giving you the permission to drink my whiskey."

Hearing his low voice, Kaizer jolt up and reflexively turned around and looked up.

"Fvckin sh*t, Anderson!" Kazier yelled that somehow echoed at the silent surroundings. "You scared the hell out of me!" He added as he clasped his chest, as if his heart would jump out off his rib cage.

Alessandro's brows furrowed and looked back. From the tiny slit of the sliding door and curtains, he saw that little figure sleeping still. Alessandro then focused his hearing and nodded when he heard her steady breathing and heart beat. He returned his gaze down to Kaizer who was still glaring at him. When Alessandro saw that Kaizer was about to say something, he spoke first in a low voice.

"Tone it down, Rouge. She's sleeping."

"Oh... But what the fvck! It's not like it's my fault! You suddenly---" Kaizer kept on rambling about how it's not his fault that he couldn't control his voice and that it was natural and stuff.