Prologue

A man in his early seventies sat on his swivel chair that faced the full length window in his office that showed the busy streets of the city. It has been a very long and stressing day for him. His wrinkled forehead were a little creased as he gazed at the setting sun before him that calmed his stressed mind. A knock on his wooden door made him sigh.

"Come in." He ordered.

The door made a creaking sound as it slowly opened. A man in his late thirties came in with his composed look. Whatever news he had to deliver to the old man, he knew for himself that he wouldn't like it.

"Signore"

"Harold." The old man turned his chair to face the man who had just entered his office. He studied the man before him and rose a brow. "This better be good." He said calmly but his eyes sent a murderous glare.

Harold cleared his throat then spoke. "Everything went well except for one thing." He fished out a piece of photograph and laid it on the old man's table. The old man instantly recognized the girl in the photo. "Signore, she's missing. Our men searched for the whole place but there's no sign of her. Despite of her injuries and-" The old man slammed his fist on his table that made Harold flinch a little.

"You had one job, Harold. One, simple job!"
The old man yelled. "You had lost a subject! A high class subject just to add! Find her! Find her!"

"What about the others?"

"What's important is that girl!" The old man then leaned on his chair and started massaging his temples. "Out of my sight!" Without uttering another word, Harold left. 

As he got out of the room, he glared at the man standing just a few steps away from where he stood. They have almost the same features but looked younger than him.

"Why do you always make things so complicated, Brian?" Harold said through his gritted teeth.

Brian didn't speak and just stared at his older brother before shaking his head and turning around.

"I don't fvckin' understand you!" Harold yelled that made Brian stop on his tracks.

"Same here, brother." Brian chuckled. "In fact, I feel like I don't know you anymore." He turned his head a little to glance at Harold. "You've been blinded with your shitty greediness." He spat then continued walking away.

Meanwhile, in a cold, lone mansion, Alessandro Anderson sat on his couch with a glass of whiskey on his right hand and a photo on his left. He ruffled his once neat hair and leaned on the couch.

He heaved a sigh and spoke as if he's talking to the person in the photograph he's holding. "I hate you for leaving me all these un-answered questions. You know that?"His heart ached as he stared at the photo of a woman who he didn't expect to adore more than he had imagined. He took a sip from his drink and laid the photo on top of the table.

"Damn it!"