Chapter 11

Alessandro's jaws clenched when he saw Chieko finally stopped shaking. He tore his gaze from the bed and stormed out of the room. He went straight to the lift and pressed the down button.

"You're not going to Italy on your own, right?" Francis asked followed by his light footsteps. Alessandro didn't turn around but answered.

"I'm not stupid, uncle. I still need information." As soon as the doors of the lift opened, the two entered. "I already somehow had a plan in my mind for searching for Cherry, but after hearing what Chieko said--- I need to look for Juliana."

"Mhm, it's good that you're not just going ahead without plans. For a moment there, I thought your emotions swallowed you." There was a moment of silence until they got out of the lift. "By the way, you should have a meeting with the group. From what I've heard from Clark a while ago, they didn't have much of information about Chieko's whereabouts but that Brown lad might have some informations." When they reached the exit, Francis fished out a car key from his pocket and handed it over to Alessandro. Alessandro's brows creased at the sight of the familiar, green, fluffy keychain hanging by the key.

"That's Clark's car keys." Alessandro informed, thinking that Francis might've pulled out the wrong keys. 

"Yes."

"Shouldn't you be giving me yours?"

"He'll be staying here the whole day. Also, I'd like to annoy that kid."

At that, a small smile appeared on Alessandro's lips that also made Francis smile. Alessandro shook his head and took the keys from Francis. His attitude didn't really match his age. He's too playful and lively for someone who's in his mid sixties. Sometimes, Alessandro would even wonder how this old man managed to make his current wife fall for him. Was it his looks? Brain? Sweetness? No one actually knows... But whatever method he used, Alessandro couldn't help but salute at this man for taming such lioness. 

"Now, go. We'll take care of the little one." Francis said as he ushered Alessandro towards his son's car.

"Thank you, uncle." Alessandro replied and hopped in the car. As soon as he started it, Alessandro rolled down the window and spoke. "Call me if something happens. I'll be back by night time." Francis only nodded as a response with a gentle smile formed on his lips. Alessandro was about to step on the gas when something came in his mind. "Uncle."

"Yes?"

"You're not hiding something from me, right?"  Alessandro asked, not turning his head to see Francis' face. 

"Of course I am." Francis chuckled. "When you've settled everything, I'll--"

"She's not going to die, is she?" Alessandro asked that made Francis froze for a moment. Francis was abut to reply when Alessandro spoke once again, cutting him off. "I'll be going." And with that, Alessandro left. Not wasting any second, he took out his phone and dialed Kaizer's number. 

[Al?]  Kaizer answered in just one ring.

 "Gather everyone at base two." He ordered.

[Oh, we're in your office. Will that do?] Kaizer asked. 

"Call Joana and Jason over." And before Kaizer could reply, Alessandro hang up. 

Francis stood there and watched the green car as it quickly left the premises. When the car was out of his sight, he sighed and looked up at the sky. His brows furrowed when two familiar faces that he misses so much flashed in his mind. 

"Such an unfair fate we have. You guys get to rest while I deal with these things." He mumbled.

Just then, his phone started ringing. He didn't remove his gaze from the sky and just took out the phone. It was only when he had his phone out when he lowered his head to check the caller. One of his brows raised when he saw that it was an unknown number. Nevertheless, he answered it.