-3-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
It wasn't hard to realize that me and Steve ended up skipping the rest of the day, now in a diner.

"Damn so you really swung on it?" I asked Steve who was telling me how he used his bat to beat the demogorgon.

"Obviously, hell I bet I scared it" "oh yes because King Steve of Hawkins high is to not be messed with" I said jokingly.

"Yeah whatever, anyways are you going to the party?" "I don't know to be honest, this'll be my first Halloween with my family so I'll think on it"

"you better, leaving me behind for Daisy and shit" "knew you was gonna bring her up" "how?" "Cause everyone has" "well yall we're best friends for a while" "I know, but you know how I am when people keep asking me the same thing"

"Ight I'll stop, on one condition though" "what?" "I get to take that number one spot" Steve said and I had rolled my eyes.

"You were always there, but whatever" "wha-" "oh there's an ice cream parlor next door, wanna go in?" "Uh sure"

Now we were in the ice cream parlor, standing in line behind parents with their kids, reminding me of Erica.

"Ay Lucas you on the channel?" I asked, talking into the supercom (the "phone" that the boys use)

"Yeah I'm here" "did you and Erica get home?" "Yeah and you're lucky we covered for you cause mom was about to worry, so you're welcome" Erica said, making me chuckle.

"thanks, anyways imma be home in a minute, I love you two" "yeah we love you too sis" "awww how sweet...GET OFF THE FUCKING CHANNEL" Dustin yelled, making me have to pull back a bit.

"Ight Dustin watch it" "sorry" "mhm, anyways I'm out" I said, putting the supercom up.

"Done talking to the kids?" "Yeah, sorry I forgot I took Lucas and Erica to school" "nah you're all good"

After ordering our ice cream we had chilled in my car for a bit.

"So...how was California?" "It was hot which I love, lots of drama and fights though" "bet you loved that huh?" Steve asked while munching on his ice cream cone.

"Well who doesn't love a good fight? Especially when it's with your best friend" "huh?" "Me and Daisy stopped being friends cause she met a boy who liked me and apparently that's my fault" I shrugged.

"Bruh that's such bullshit, she could of just found a new crush" "that's literally what I'm saying, plus it wasn't like I liked him" I added on.

"Speaking of... you got anyone catching your eye?" Steve asked, his full attention on me as I looked away for a slight second.

"I don't know yet, do you?" "I might, don't know yet though" the boy said, looking me up and down before turning away.

"Uh Anyways it's late, gotta go home before my old man starts looking for me" Steve said and I nodded "that's fine, see you at school" "yeah see you"

When I got home I had changed into my night clothes, going into Lucas's room.

"So you finna dress up for Halloween?" I asked "yeah, we're doing ghost busters"

"I know, I'm dressing up as that receptionist" "you mean Janine?" "Yeah her" I said with the confirmation of the character's name.

"Why are you dressing up for?" "Cause why not? Plus it'll be your guy's free pass to skip class" I said and Lucas smiled "knew you were my favorite sister"

And with that I had went to my room, falling asleep after doing my homework.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 611