-12-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
"Ugh this night is a little to long" I groaned, popping my back.

"Damn that shit sounded like gunshots" Lucas said, making me hit his arm.

"You try fighting monsters for the first time while trying to protect your hardheaded ass" I say, before Hopper came in so we could start up a plan.

"It's not like before, it's grown a lot and we can't get in with those dogs w-" "demidogs" I corrected "what?" "Demidogs, you know, demogorgon, dogs, it's really easy to understand really" I stated, the man looking at me annoyed.

"How is it important right now?" "..good question chief, please go on"

"I can do it" El said "yeah but if she kills the mindflayer and closes the gate, that means Will would die to" Mike said, presenting a new problem as we walked into Wills room.

"It likes it cold, that's what Will told me" Joyce said, closing up the window.

"We gotta burn it out of him" I said, Joyce and Johnathan walking out with Will while Hopper and El also leaving.

"Since when did we become babysitters?" I asked Steve "been babysitting these shits since before you came back" he added, making me shake my head as we stood outside for a bit, me and Lucas being the first back in, not trying to be outside for to long.

"Okay it should fit now" Dustin said, forcing Steve to put the Demidog into the fridge.

"I hope you have an explanation for Miss Byers" I said, closing the fridge door once it was in.

"Wait maybe if we set this on fire" "the mindflayer would send his army to stop us" "and El would have enough time to be at the gate" the kids said, talking about the tunnels under the farm.

'These fucking kids...are trying to have us killed'

"Y'all...this is no safe plan" "yes bu-" "but nothing, we're gonna stay on the side lines and let the players play, now we're gonna stay here and be safe got it" me and Steve said, our words stopping when hearing an engine go off, specifically the engine that belongs to Billy's.

"How the hell he find us?" Dustin said, Steve walking outside while I had the door cracked to see what was going on.

"Is it me or is that you Harrington?" Billy asked, a lit cigarette between his lips "yeah it's me, don't cream your pants" Steve said, forcing me to stifle a laugh.

"*whisper* bro sit the fuck down" I said to the kids after Billy saw them, forcing me to stand up and have them stand behind me.

"Lucas Sinclair, Max I thought I told you to stay away from him" "Ay Billy back up" "sorry about this Beautiful, but my sister knows what happens when she disobeys me. I break things" he said, swinging at me.

Just as quick as Billy swung a punch at me, I was able to dodge it just as fast, punching him in the jaw, another hit connecting with his face, this time coming from Steve.

"WHOOP HIS ASS BAE" I yelled along with the kids, stopping when Billy got Steve to the ground.

"Max" "yeah?" "I need you to knock him out with the syringe" I said, and before Max could say anything I had grabbed a plate, breaking it over Billy's head.

"Come on now Billy, can't let you mess up that pretty face" I said, taunting him as Max grabbed the syringe.

"Guess I gotta fuck up yours then huh?" He asked, grabbing me by the shirt and slamming me on the ground, pain spreading all through my back as a hit connected with my arms that blocked my face.

Just before Billy could hit me again, Max had knocked him out with the syringe, pushing the boy off of me once he passed out.

"Let's get out of here" Max said, tossing me the keys while the boys got Steve who was kind of in a daze.

"..we're doing that plan huh?" "Yep" "*sigh* ight then" I said, all of us getting into my car, Steve out of it a bit as I was speeding on the road, making sharp turns.

"Y-y/n?" "Yeah Steve?" I asked, looking back for a second before having Lucas tell me the directions.

"BABE SLOW DOWN" "I CANT WE HAVE SHIT TO DO" "MAKE A LEFT" Lucas yelled, ending mine and Steve's yelling as I turned left to the field.

"All of that with a hurt back, whew yall better love me" I said as we all go out, gearing up to go down into the tunnels to burl it.

"Wait since when was you on their side?" Steve asked as I put on the goggles that Lucas handed me.

"I don't even know, but we're here now, can't be on the sidelines all day" I said, grabbing my bag and handing Steve his stuff, knowing he'd give in.

'..I really wanna sleep'.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 841