-25-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Now we had broken into the school since Max stole the key to not only the councilor's office but also her filling cabinet.

"Dustin do you copy?" Steve asked "yeah I copy" "well Nanc is a genius, her shot in the dark was a bullseye, I mean Vecna's first victims were in 1959" "that's crazy but we can't talk right now" Dustin said as we walked through the school, Max unlocking the door so we could walk in.

"Not only was Chrissy meeting with her, but so was Fred" Max said, adding up to our theory.

As we looked through file after file, Max had gotten up to stretch her legs.

A good few minutes had passed, Steve and Nancy showing up when we all found Max just standing in a trance, just like Fred and Chrissy, but eventually waking out of it.

Max had explained the symptoms that she had shared with the two, meaning that she was now cursed, all of us scared for our friend, just as Lucas had shown up, giving us all a good scare.

"*pant* shit, we have a code red" "Dustin, Y/n, Jason and everyone thinks that you two know where Eddie is and their on a man hunt for you two" Lucas has breathed out.

"That's crazy but we have bigger problems then Jason right now"

Time skip
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
This entire time Y/n's been ignoring me, even after we read the paper about this Victor Creel dude.

"Jesus Steve what's wrong with you?" Dustin asked as I paced around, barely even paying attention to the paper.

"Well Henderson my girlfriend is ignoring me at the moment and I don't even know why" annoyance in my tone as I spoke to the kid.

"Oh I know why, but that's isn't my business" Lucas said, putting up his hands in defense.

"Why is she mad at me Sinclair?" "Cause she thinks you still like Nancy" "Nancy? Why?" I asked, obviously missing a few key facts here.

"Well you did ditch her to leave with Nancy yesterday" "yeah didn't even give her a second glance" the two kids said, making me groan in annoyance.

"*mumble* Jesus Christ Harrington can you stop fucking shit up?" I mumbled to myself, feeling like shit since this was not the time to make Y/n upset, especially cause I was going to ask a very important question.

𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝗼 𝐘/𝐧
After talking with Nancy and Robin, the three of us had came up with a plan.

"Thanks to Nancy's friends her and Robin are now rockstar psychology students while also being my apprentices" I said proudly, thankful to get my degree and qualifications so early on.

"I am now Ruth" " I'm Alisha" "and I'm Rose" The three of us said, my name being the only thing I have to lie about.

"Alisha?" "What? It's a good name" I say to Steve with a shrug.

"Anyways what am I supposed to be doing?" Steve asked, me and the girls looking at each other before back at him.

"I'm not babysitting again" Steve said, following me out to my car so I could grab some clothes from our home for this plan.

"Their not babies Steve and one of them is in true danger" I say annoyed, about to get into the car when Steve stopped me.

"Why can't I be the second lead psychologist with you? I've been watching them since before you got back to Hawkins" "cause that's not apart of the plan Steve, why is it so hard for you? What you're mad cause you can't spend time with Nancy?" I said, Steve looking at me almost hurt.

"You really think I still like Nancy?" "Well you act like it sometimes, like yesterday when you left without a second thought"

It was obvious now that I had hit a nerve, but I didn't expect to be pulled into a deep kiss.

"Look, I'm crazy about you, if I like some else then it's obviously not me because the only one I want to be with is you" Steve's words were genuine as he spoke, the boy holding my hands as he had gotten down on a knee, surprising me.

"Look I was planning on doing this under better circumstances but obviously that's not going to happen. But seriously Y/n, you're the love of my life, if it weren't for you then I'd probably be some loser with no life. You're extremely beautiful and you can still make me nervous without even batting a lash. So..will you marry me?"

Just as those words were spoken I had started to tear up, falling to my knees as I hugged Steve, crying into his shoulder.

"Yes I'll marry you" I blurted out through tears, Steve kissing me again before he slipped the ring onto my finger, the ring no ordinary one either in my opinion.
The ring

Once Steve got the ring onto my finger we had heard everyone cheering from behind us

"Didn't think we'd have and audience" I joked "same, but they all kind of knew" "really?" "Yeah that's why I left with Nancy so she could help distract you today but guess that plan is ruined" Steve chuckled as I lightly pecked his lips

"it's the thought that counts, but I love you Steve" "I love you to Mrs. Harrington"

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 907