the carnival

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟 - the debut album

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟 is the debut single album by Japanese rapper and singer Jae of Blackpink. The album was released on February 21, 2019, by YG Entertainment and Interscope Records. THE CARNIVAL has been described as a pop, and hip-hop record that contains influences from urban contemporary genres like rock, trap, and EDM.

The record was primarily produced by Jae, also in the producing credits were Niko, Teddy Park, 24, Bekuh Boom and R.Tee. Upon release, THE CARNIVAL received critical acclaim, with praise towards the record's reflective narrative and cohesive production that experiments with various styles.

THE CARNIVAL was a huge commercial success, reaching number one in over 20 countries and becoming the world's best-selling album of 2019. Jae became the first Asian soloist to top the charts in all of the top-five music markets in the world.In the United States, it became Jae's first consecutive album to debut at number one album on the Billboard 200 chart, earning 422,000 album-equivalent units (including 347,000 sales) in its first week. In under nine days of its release, the album sold more than 4.1 million copies for the first time in Gaon Album Chart's history, setting the Guinness World Record for the best-selling album in South Korea and was certified quadruple million by the Korea Music Content Association (KMCA). It was certified platinum in the United States and Japan, and earned gold certifications in seven other countries.

The album was supported by the lead single, entering the US Billboard Hot 100: "DRUNK-DAZED" reached number 4, becoming Jae's first top-five hit on the chart. THE CARNIVAL won Album of the Year at the 2019 Genie Music Awards, 2019 Mnet Asian Music Awards, 2019 Melon Music Awards, and the 45th People's Choice Awards, while "DRUNK-DAZED" won Best Pop, Best Choreography, and Best K-pop at the 2019 MTV Video Music Awards. Jae promoted the album with televised live performances on The Late Late Show with James Corden and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and various South Korean music programs including M Countdown, Music Bank, and Inkigayo.

»»————- ★ ————-««

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟

𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘𝗗 ━ February 21, 2019𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗗 ━ 2019𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗗𝗜𝗢 ━ The Black Label𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗥𝗘 ━ pop, hip-hop, edm, pop-rock, trap𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘 ━ korean and english𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗧𝗛 ━ 8:69𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗘𝗟 ━ Yg Entertainment and Interscope Records𝗣𝗥...

𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘𝗗 February 21, 2019
𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗗 2019
𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗗𝗜𝗢 The Black Label
𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗥𝗘 pop, hip-hop, edm, pop-rock, trap
𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘 korean and english
𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗧𝗛 8:69
𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗘𝗟 Yg Entertainment and Interscope Records
𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗗𝗨𝗖𝗘𝗥 Jae, Niko, Teddy Park, 24, Bekuh Boom, R.Tee.
𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧 physical copies ( three versions: HYPE, UP, DOWN )