this isn't goodbye

Military AU!

Military AU!

Scenario: After countless days, kiss after kiss, cherishing each moment together, Jae and Jungkook were never ready for this day to come. The day Jae will not see his little one for two years, the day Jae will send his little one away, the day Jae dreads that would never come, the day Jae will send off his little one to the military, the day Jungkook will enlist in the military.

🐰🦋

Today is the day.

The day that Jae and Jungkook knew would come but not this close. The day Jungkook is sent off to the military. The rest of the BTS members have already enlisted, just Jungkook left. Jae could remember the first time he ever saw Jungkook in person. Those big doe eyes, looking at him, sparkling under the light even when it was dark, his eyes shined the most, his bunny smile wide as ever, his soft brown hair bouncing when bopping his head to the beat, blushing a soft pink when the camera was panned on him. Jae wanted to protect this bunny. That's what Jungkook needs, so small, so innocent, a devil in disguise, needed to be protected every second of the day and night.

Now, how was Jae going to protect his little one when he's in a boot camp fighting for his country?

Running his fingers through his brown hair, Jae let out a sigh, his shoulders slumping down as his head tilted back against the car seat, looking out onto the window, mentally counting the trees in his head. Nothing has prepared him for this day, nothing. He groaned as his hand found its way to his bucket-hat, which was originally settled on his knee, before placing it on his head, covering his hair with some of his baby peeking out from the hat. The hat was a light soft baby pink, with a symbol of a bunny with little butterflies around it in the front. The hat was given from Jungkook, on his 27th birthday, the last birthday he will ever celebrate with Jungkook until 2025, the last birthday gift from Jungkook ever until 2025. Just saying, thinking about it doesn't sound that long but actually thinking about how Jae is going to wake up every single day starting tomorrow, he's not gonna see his little one right next to him every morning. Those big doe eyes are not gonna be the first thing he sees every morning, just an empty space for the next two years.

"Hey, butterfly, we're here," A voice suddenly snapped him out of his thoughts. Jae blinked repetitively, snapping himself out of his thoughts before looking over to the voice. Jungkook was wearing a black large leather coat with a black hoodie on the inside, gray sweatpants, a white bucket hat that covered his shaved head and black shoes to finish the look. Jae sighed, his throat suddenly tightening up, as he nodded with a sadden smile donning his face. Jungkook nodded back, quickly grabbing the older's hand, squeezing it tightly as if he would disappear, as BTS' manager opened the door for the couple. The door opened, the two just froze, this would be the last time they were ever going to see each other, it hit them, hit them harder than a meteorite could hit earth. They sighed, shakily, before leaving the car, hand-in-hand.