Chapter 3-A Dangerous Thing

Something about you is soft like an angel,
And something inside you is violence and danger,
I knew from the moment we met, you are a dangerous thing.
When you are with me, I feel like I'm living,
And living besides you can be unforgiving,
I knew from the very first step, you are a dangerous thing.
-Aurora
__________________________________
Part 1
Awakening

It is reality that awakens possibilities, and nothing would be more perverse than to deny it.
-Robert Musil

I woke as if I was just brought back to life,my body convulsing upwards, as i gasped for air.

I noticed two things immediately;
I looked to be inside a very well-kept cave of some sort,AND I was wearing some gauze-like nightgown!

What in the world is this???

"You have awoken!"a stubby little woman said,making me jump off and behind the cot,jerking my head her direction.

"Who are you?"I spat accusingly,"Where am I?Where are my clothes?"

"My lady,careful!"she said, scurrying over to me,inspecting the bandages.

I couldn't think straight,and didn't know how to take her.I had bandages everywhere.

"I don't need those."I said,foggy headed, and growing irritated, yanking them off.

In a tizzy,she tried to gather them as I discarded.

"Evalee,go now."another voice commanded.

"Than-k you."I said,a afterthought,to her back as she scurried out.

I turned to a man and woman entering the room.I recognized them,I think,from the battle.

Yanking the blanket off the cot I was lying on, I wrapped it around me,trying to cover this virtually see through material.

"We are pleased you are recovered."the woman said, looking at me curiously,but with a pleasant smile.

I tried to piece things together,while
scrutinizing them more harshly with
my stare than I intended to.

"I know you.Whats going on here?Where am I?Why have you brought
me here?"

They took a step to me,I glared at them,and took one back.

"Stop."I said,with a warning look, "Explain."

The woman,who I now remember is a elf,began.

"You were injured."

"We brought you,to the healers."the male elf added,"-but it seems you heal rather... miraculously."

They looked at me,again, curiously.

Uh oh.Ya.....I remember now.

"Your names?"I said,side stepping that, but they kept looking at me suspiciously, til I spoke again, "You have names,I presume?"

"Tauriel."

"Legolas."

"Interesting."I continued,looking  around,"Tauriel and Legolas, would you happen to know where my clothes are?"

"I'm afraid they were damaged beyond repair,"Tauriel said,walking to a cabinet,taking out a pile of garments, "-we had these made for you."

Oh no.They saw the torn acid wash jeans,gashes in the T-shirt,and just assumed.

Great.

"Where am I?"I asked again, hoping for a answer this time.

They exchanged a confused look.