Chapter 10-The Dark Prince

And when his eyes cut my way, and I see the darkness on the surface, I'm reminded that this man hangs out with monsters.
And one might even exist inside of him. - J.M. Darhower

I really shouldn't drink,it goes right to my head.Or at least not try to keep up with Legolas and Tauriel.They can easily drink me under the table.Maybe I was trying to dull my emotions that were on overload right now.

"Ladies."Legolas said,with a sheepish grin,bowing with great fanfare,making Tauriel bite her lip,trying to suppress a smile."Shall I return to escort you to the ceremony?"

We had just returned from the blacksmith, retrieving my armour,which apparently,he had been working on since I arrived,a month ago.Which I found -odd.

"As you wish,my Lord."Tauriel agreed, uncharacteristically demure.

"I have many wishes,my Lady."he returned,giving her a knowing look,before bowing again and leaving.

Who did these two think they were kidding?

I pretended not to notice,as I often do.

"Do not be apprehensive,"She said,as we entered my room,"-it is a joyous occasion."

"I'm never apprehensive."I retorted,laying the armor on my bed.

Elfen armour is lighter than I would expect it to be.

She raised a brow.She's getting to know me a little too well.

"Fine," i returned,"-but I choose to remember everything you told me,focus on that.Called before the king,he says his bit,I recite the oath,take a knee,he taps each shoulder with his sword,and presents me with mine."

"Precisely."

"And I'll try not to be beheaded!"

"Gabriella!"

I gave her a wink and we burst into laughter.

I'd never really had a friend like
Tauriel.I had to admit,it was nice.

She told me about the time he almost cut off her head,but, instead,sliced her bow into right in her hands.

"It doesn't pay to defy the king,I take it. "I said,"Why do you stay?"

"Yes well-"she said,thoughtful,
"It's not about what we were fighting over,or who won the battle,but that we lived,and we are family."she explained,"Why do you stay?"

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

The ceremony was short and sweet,thank the gods,because I was a little nervous,although I wouldn't admit it.

All the guards,that weren't on duty,were there.

I wasn't expecting that.

Legolas stood to the left of his father,Tauriel to the right.

The king kept a stern expression,but I could see how proud he was,in his eyes.

He made a short speech.

"Never before has a human received this honor.Yet Gabriella has shone such valor fighting beside us,"he continued, descending from his throne,
"such strength and courage
facing our mortal enemy,"I
now name her Lady Gabriella,guard of the Woodland
Realm.A most welcomed addition."

Oh no.My turn.

"Your majesty.I vow to be without fear in the face of our enemies,
To be brave and upright,so the heavens will smile upon me,
To speak the truth always,even if it may lead to my own death,
To safeguard the helpless and do no wrong unto them,
And uphold the honor and integrity of our kingdom.