Chapter 17-A King Only Bows To His Queen

The strength of a kingdom comes from it's king,
The strength of a king comes
from his Queen.-Cody Edward
Lee Miller

"Gabriella!"Thranduils voice pleaded as he carefully removed the arrows.The wounds already much healed,"Gabriella."

He cradled her to him delicately.

"She is not dead."Galadriel consoled,-"just unresponsive."

"We must get her back to Mirkwood.Now!"

They rushed out of the hole,where Visayas awaits.

He let's out a terrible sound upon seeing her.

"What has happened to my dear one?"

He almost knocks Thranduil over,trying to nudge her with his incredible nose."The orcs. Tortured her.We must get her back to the mountain."

"I will eat every las-st one!"

"I'm afraid she beat you to it."Legolas added,"I would say few are left."

"Plac-ce her on my back."Visayas said,"I'm much fass-ster."he squatted down as low as he could go,and Thranduil carefully laid her across his back,before mounting himself.

"Galadriel,call upon the White Council.Legolas,Tauriel, see that the troops remove the rest of those foul creatures."

Thranduil put Gabriellas head on his lap,stroking her ashen cheek.

"Ready?"Thranduil asked the massive creature.

"Always."Visayas responded, as began to trot and took flight.

Thranduils loyal elk ran after them.

The king could not believe he was doing this.With little fear or trepidation.He amazed himself even getting close to one of these creatures,after one tried to kill him,scarring him for all of eternity.

"Not all serpents are bad,just as not all elf's your lordship."

"So you read minds,as well."

"My dear taught me when she was but a wisp of a thing.I have missed her so."

Just that quickly,they landed at the gates of the mountain,to the horror of the guards,who drew thier weapons.

"Stop!"Thranduil ordered,"No harm shall come to this serpent!"

"They cannot harm me."the dragon stated,"I do not possess the weak spot Smaug did."

"They will feed you,and make you comfortable."

"I feed myself,but thank you." Visayas stated,"I must go, find healing herbs my dear one requires.I will return."

Thranduil nodded,and carried  Gabriella into the mountain as fast as his feet would carry him.

The serpent knew more about this clan of elf.Having been a
hatchling,and she,a infant,when they were brought together.

Thranduil stayed diligent by Gabriellas bedside the twelve hours she lie unconscious.

His prolonged exhaustion, anxiety,and the fierce battle showed on his usually handsome features,now haggard.

The White Council circled around her,pulling out all the stops,but it was of little aide.She was a enigma.Little was known of her breed.No one knew if she was dying or in a transforming state.

No one had ever seen Thranduil so helpless and vulnerable.

Legolas and Tauriel were very protective over him.

Galadriel told him to keep talking to her,so he did.Sometimes sweetly,professing things she longed to hear,at other times scolding her,whatever he thought might bring her around,then chastising himself for leaving her side,or commanding her to awaken.