Chapter 16-The One

She is a beautiful piece of
broken pottery,put back together by her own hands,and a critical world judges her cracks while missing the beauty
of how she made herself whole again.-J.M.Storm

Heavy stone doorways close behind them.

"My king!"Gabriella calls out weakly,then her head slumped over.

The group is surrounded, not only on the trepidatious platform thier standing on,but the stories high enclosure has hundreds of openings,all filled with orcs.All armed and awaiting command.

The elves draw thier weapons in defense, encircling their king,but he is focused on his love,bleeding out,arrows protruding from random spots of her petite frame, slashes.Her clothes were in tatters.

They had made sport of her.

Galadriel tries to cast a protective shield,to no avail.

"Your witchery holds no power here,sorceress."Oggrut-Gorin, spews vehemently, walking from behind the stalagmite, along the narrow pathway.He runs his greenish,warped hand along the rock,"Our gods power is impenetrable."

"Release her,filth!"Thranduil roars."Although nothing will save you from certain death now!"

Oggrut grabs Gabriellas face roughly,then licks it with his slimy,disgusting tongue,his eyes staying on Thranduil.

"I will kill you,devil!Slowly!Painfully!"Thranduil rages, slamming his fists on the railing.

"You seem to think you have the upper hand,Elfking."Oggrut said with a sick,twisted laugh,"But you will die here today,unless-"

Galadriel spoke thoughts to Thranduil.

'Tell her,in your thoughts.Tell her what's in your heart."

"Unless what,you filthy pile of-"
The orcs closed in to the kings
guards.

"Careful now."Oggrut warned,"I have been generous with you so far,you see? She still breathes."he concluded,twirling a dagger playfully between his hands, "-don't make me regret that decision."

"Tell her now!Only you can release her power!Her other half!"Galadriel urged in a whisper,"Tell her your truth!"

She can hear you,as I can!

Conflicted and beside himself with worry and rage,Thranduil finally acknowledged it.

Little dove,hear me.

Gabriellas head slowly raised,
searching with glazed over eyes.
She tried to focus,to meet his gaze.

I could not tell you if I loved you
the first moment I saw you,or if it was the second,or third or fourth.
But I remember the first time I looked at you,do you remember?
Walking towards me,and I realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when
I was with you.You have my heart,now,until the end of time itself.Fight now,little dove!Fight!

Gabriellas eyes flung open.She stared at him in disbelief.

In that moment the Orcs saw thier chance and grabbed him.

No!Do not touch him!

He fought valiantly, as did the others,but were hopelessly outnumbered.

You will not harm them!

Seeing this caused something to happen to Gabriella.Electric currents surged through every fiber of her being.She began to glow,her eyes especially.

She turned her head to Oggrut, and said simply, "Release",her voice changed, echoing,like a eerie song.

The chains fell from her body,and her arm shot out,grabbing Oggrut by the throat,as she began to float upward.

She had never felt so strong.

Gabriellas hair moved wildly around her head, as she kept floating,the electric currents glowing like lightening around her

The large Orc behind Thranduil put a blade to his throat.

"If he dies,you die!"he spat.

You dare challenge me???

Whose voice was that?Was that me???

"Drop your weapons."Gabriellas liquid, unnervingly calm voice demanded.

The arrogant Orc laughed in defiance.

"I'll slit his throat,she-devil!"

Kill them!Kill them all!!!

"Wrong answer."she returned,as her face contorted into something unspeakable, sadistically smiling,a stream of blue light shooting from her eyes.

The Orc turned to ash instantly.

She snapped Oggruts neck like a twig,dropping him into the nothingness.

"You will surrender,bow to me, and your king,or die!"her eerie
voice demanded,sending shivers
through everyone.

They waited a second too long to decide.

All of a sudden, she burst out into an almost maniacal,scornful laughter,glaring at them with glowing eyes.

The sight of her struck terror in the hearts of all that beheld her,having no idea what she was capable of,or what she'd do next.

She slowly began to spin,and rise,saying only,
"Die!"

Every Orc present turned to ash.

Then her angelic face returned, she held her hand outward, towards Thranduil,the glow fading,and started falling.

Thranduil ran to catch her limp, unconscious body.

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️