Chapter 19-I Am Yours,You Are Mine

If you want to be his queen,
you can't be his submissive.
-Unknown

I find Thranduil waiting,by the waterfalls,that ran down the center of the mountain along a beautiful rock formation.A popular spot for lovers,and contemplation. The reflective pool created colorful lights.

He stood there,in all his perfection, hands clasped behind his back. I came to stand beside him.

"I owe that serpent a debt of gratitude I feel I shall never be able to repay."

I held his arm and leaned my face against his bicep.

"V likes you,very much."

"Thank the gods!For I've been on the receiving end of one that did not!"

He was pensive. I wanted desperately to be inside that head.

"Tell me about it."

He turned to take me in his arms.

"Another day perhaps."his voice muffled into the hair atop my head,"Tonight you must rest."

I couldn't argue with that,feeling completely drained and exhausted.

"I suppose I should find my bed."

"Our bed."he corrected,tenderly holding my face,gazing lovingly into my eyes,"Yes?I cannot part with you just yet."

Trepidation crept in.

The kings bed?Our bed?

Dont be a coward I felt my inner voice say.

"Yes."

My heart threatened to leap from my chest yet again,my hand trembling as it took his offered one.

This was not lost on the king.

"Why do you tremble so?"he asked searching my eyes,bringing my hand to his lips."You are safe,my love.Here,with me.Worry not."

"Its just-been a long day,my king."

"I see,"he said,not quite sure he believed that,"Tonight you will rest as if you were a swaddled newborn,safe in its mother's arms."

"As long as you are beside me,I worry about nothing."

He smiled at that.He should smile more,I thought.

"As well it should be,and always will."

We continued walking,and were at the guarded door of the kings chambers shortly.

I blushed at what they must be thinking.

The guards opened them as we entered,then closed them behind us.

His suite was as wholesome and natural as his kingdom, working with nature instead of against it.
In his resting room awaited several attendees.

My cheeks flushed again.

Get ahold of yourself!

"Shall I send them away?Do you require attendance?"Thranduil asked discreetly,against my ear.

Did I?I wasn't sure,having never been in this situation before.I'd like to take a bath,but not with a audience!

"No.I do not."I replied,"I only wish to sleep."

Why did I say that?Why???

"Very well."he returned,with a tilted nod,then turned to them,"You may go."

Silently,they bow and leave,and the king follows them to the door.

"We are to be undisturbed."he informs the guards.