Chapter 6-The Kings Persuasion

There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me."-Jane Austen

Chapter 1

I should've seen it coming.

No sooner than we got back in the mountain,he lead me personally to the dungeons,by the tip of his sword.

I turned on him at the cell door.

"You think I fear death?Go ahead,"i said,pressing the blade into my own delicate neck flesh,"-i fear nothing.No one."I continued with a raised brow and smirk.

The king snatched me by the back of the neck,pulling me from the blade.I stayed emotionless.

You think I'm a torture virgin?
Think again.

"Lock her in the cell."he ordered in disgust.

Four of the biggest guards backed me in,swords drawn,ready for a struggle.

I simply cut my eyes at the king and went in without incident.

I kicked the chair across the room in frustration.

What the hell is wrong with him?

"What have we subjected our kingdom to?"he said to his son,as they walked up the stairway.

"If you would've only released her as she asked,father."

"She is mad,I am sure of it.Or a spy,sent by our enemies.Can you not see that?"

"She came to our aide,father."Legolas reiterated.

"As you have reminded me, Legolas,time after time,"the kings own agitation showing,"yet from the depths of where?Hell itself???"

"I WILL GET OUT OF HERE!"I bellowed loud enough for them to hear."THIS CELL CANT HOLD ME!"

"Perhaps we should-"Legolas winced.

"We must discover her origin."

Legolas couldn't comprehend his father's reasons for just not letting me be on my way now.

"She is a elf.Obviously a warrior.Send for Galadriel.She can look into her memories, possibly knows of her.She is familiar with all the clans."

"She has gone to the valleys,for the Festivals of Light.It lasts a weeks time."Legolas reminded.

"I'm patient.I can wait.She isn't going anywhere."

"As you wish,father."Legolas said in a exasperated tone,shaking his head in disbelief.

Tenacious hellcat!We shall soon see from wince thy came!She dare challenge me?Little snipet of a winch!

He found himself surpressing a grin,and shaking his head at the thought of it.

Pushing my razor sharp blade into her own flesh!Does she have a death wish???A fighter to the end.

Legolas came to me everyday while I was imprisoned to check on me,and try to make me see reason,as did Tauriel.
If I would only promise his father I would no longer try to escape.

What a joke!

He tried to explain that his father could be unyielding about certain things,but it was always for the good of the realm.

Ya,okay!I'm amazed the kingdom still stood,with him on the throne!

Everyday I was brought to the king,the question was put to me, and everyday I would say,"I have no reason to stay."