Part 19

Theo's pov: 

Scott and I have been searching the woods for hours with still no sign of Liam. A long time ago we lost his trace so were just walking around at the moment. After searching the school Lydia went home. She called us telling us Liam hadn't arrived home either. Mason and Cory called us a while ago saying they still haven't found Liam.

As the hours go by my head fills with worrying thoughts. I can't think straight anymore. All I can think about is what happened to Liam. Did someone hurt him, is he okay? Is he scared? "Theo!" I look up to see Scott stopped walking. "Yes?" I ask him. "They found him..." Is all he says. My eyes go wide. "Where? What happened?" I want to ask a million things. "Liam and Mason found him just outside of town. Looked like he was attacked by some creature. They called an ambulance." Scott quickly explains. Tears form in my eyes. Scott notices and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, Liam is strong."

---

Scott's pov: 

Moments earlier

---

We've been searching for hours and still no trace of Liam. Suddenly I feel an aching pain in my chest. It reminds me of the time Derek told me about an Alpha and their Beta. Their bond is stronger than that between other pack members. When one of them is hurt badly the other sometimes feels their pain. Is the pain I'm feeling coming from Liam?

I feel my phone ringing and quickly take it out of my pocket. The screen lights up showing me it's Corey. I answer the phone as fast as I can. In the meantime, Theo wanders farther into the woods. He's zoned out and doesn't hear me calling his name. I focus on the call with Corey.

"Scott, it's me, Corey. We found Liam!" 

"What, where? Is he okay?"

"Calm down. We found him just outside of town." 

"Why would he be there?"

"We have no idea. We tried asking him but he went unconscious."

"Shit... That's not good. Did he say anything at all?"

"He only managed to bring out one word... More like one name."

"Let me guess he was talking about Theo..."

"He was. When we found him he looked so funurabel and scared."

"He was attacked wasn't he?"

"Yeah, we think so. Mason just called the ambulance, they're on their way."

"Good decision. I'll inform Theo and the rest. You go with Liam, make sure to ask for my mom."

"We will. See you in a bit!"

---

I ended the call and ran to Theo. "Theo!" I needed to scream to even get the slightest attention from the boy. He turned around and looked at me with a hopeful gaze. I just hoped I could tell him the good news, tell him Liam was okay. "They found him..." That is all I manage to bring out. I don't know how to tell him Liam is hurt badly. He starts asking multiple questions at a time. "Liam and Mason found him just outside of town. Looked like he was attacked by some creature. They called an ambulance." I explain. 

Tears form in his eyes. I've never seen Theo show any type of emotion let's at least see him cry. Right now I understand how big of a mistake I made. The boy in front of me cares about Liam. I know now isn't the right time but I need to come up with a good apology. "Don't worry, Liam is strong," I say to try and calm him down a bit. But we both don't know if he'll be alright...

"Look, we need to get to the hospital. Try to stay strong for Liam." I say while guiding Theo out of the forest. We run as quickly as we can trying to reach the hospital. In record time were standing at the entrance. I take a deep breath. I see Theo next to me doing the same.

---

Theo's pov: 

Scott and I walk towards the front desk and ask for Liam. A friendly lady tells us which room he's in. We take the elevator to the second floor. While being in the elevator I can't help but think about all the moments Liam and I spend here. Like our fight with the ghost riders, or the hunters. The first time I took someone's pain. 

We arrive at Liam's room. We quickly step inside to be met with the rest of the pack, even Sheriff and Argent are here. But no Liam... Corey sees me scanning the room and walks towards me. "He's still in the operation room. We don't know any more than you do." He quickly explains. He leads me towards a spare chair between Derek and Lydia. "What exactly happened?" Scott asks. 

"We decided to look outside town, maybe we had a better chance of finding him there." Mason starts explaining. "We found him on an empty street slumped against a wall. He was attacked by some creature. He had slashes and cuts all over his body..." Tears fall when he starts describing Liam. He must have been so scared, all alone, and had nothing he could do. "We tried talking to him but he was barely conscious. Before he went unconscious he asked for our you." Mason says while looking directly at me. "He asked for me?" I ask with a soft voice. Mason and Corey both nod. 

I drop my face into my hands and start crying. He asked for me, out of all people. I should have gone with him. I should have been there to protect him. If they didn't bring me back this might have never happened. I feel a strong hand rubbing my back. I guess it must be Derek. "Liam Dunbar?" Someone asks while walking into the room. I quickly raise my head. "Yes?" Scott answers. 

"I'm Liam's doctor. We had to perform several surgeries. Liam was badly injured when you brought him here. We tried to clean him up as best as we could. He has several broken ribs, a concussion, and a broken right hip. It will take a long time for him to recover if he wakes up..."

A/n:

Back from vacay!
More time to post since I'm still in summer break. I'll try to write some more parts and update you soon.

I'm thinking about rewriting the story once it's done. No major changes just small details and a better writing style overall. For now, I'll continue like this.

Btw!
Please leave any suggestions for my next teen wolf stories. I only do bxb pairings.
At the moment in writing new TW stories named black&white, it's a stereo one.