Part 24

Derek's pov:

It took two days for Liam to wake up again. In the meantime, we came up with a plan on how to inform Liam about all that happened. We decided it was best we did it with a small group of people else it might become too much. Together we agreed on Mason, Corey, Lydia, and myself. Stiles wanted to be there too but we all know how he can be. In the end, he agreed with the plan only if he could be the one letting Theo know Liam was awake. Although I don't know if that's a good thing either.

We all sat around Liam's bed waiting for him to properly wake up again. A few minutes ago he started to stir a little and moved his hand letting us know he was about to wake up. "Derek?" I heard a soft voice say. I instantly realized it was Liam talking to me. I grabbed a hold of his hand letting him know I'm here. "Hello Liam, good to see you awake again. You must have needed your sleep." I greeted him. "Who are there with you?" He asked. "Corey, Mason, and Lydia are also with us," I explained slowly and calmly. "Hello, Liam," Lydia said in a soft and caring voice not wanting to scare him. "Where is Theo?" Liam asked. "Why don't you try and open your eyes first? Makes talking a bit easier, don't you think?" Mason suggested trying to avoid Theo's subject. 

We could see Liam's eyes move underneath his eyelids. After a few tries, he slowly fluttered his eyes open. He looked across the room. Once he realized Theo wasn't here his face dropped. "What happened?" Liam asked. "Do you remember we had a sleepover?" Mason asked. Liam nodded in response still a little unsure of his voice. "You went to the shops that morning but didn't come back. Theo got worried so we decided to look for you. It took us a few hours but eventually, we found you. You were attacked..." Mason left a bit of space for Liam to process all the new information. "We took you to the hospital where you slipped into a coma. You had us all pretty worried. You weren't healing as you should. That's when we realized you're powers have been taken away." Mason explained further. Liam's nose scrunched up in confusion. 

"What do you mean? Am I not a wolf anymore?" Liam asked confused. We all nodded in confirmation. "A powerful creature took your wolf powers from you. We don't know what it was just yet." I explained to Liam. "What else happened, were's Theo?" Liam asked for them again. Lydia shot me a knowing look. We both knew we couldn't keep the truth from Liam. He deserved to know what happened. "Theo was very upset about what happened, really scared he might lose you. He tried many times to take some of your pain but it was too much. He stayed by your side and didn't leave you for one second. It showed how much he loves you. It's truly beautiful Liam. You're very lucky." Lydia explained to Liam what Theo did for him the past few days. And she's right, Theo truly loves Liam.

A smile formed on Liam's face. "I told you he wasn't the bad guy anymore. He's a big softy." Liam spoke very fondly. It broke my heart knowing I would crush his daydream in a second. "There's something else you should know..." I started carefully. Liam's expression changed to a worried look. "Something happened? Is Theo okay?" Liam slightly pushed himself up and rested against the headboard. I took a deep breath. "We don't know... The thing is, Theo left." I quickly spoke just to get over it. Liam's mouth fell and he looked confused and hurt at the same time. "W-What do you mean he left?" Liam asked with a scared voice. Lydia shook her head. "I'm sorry hunny, but he just left. He did leave us a letter..." she said handing Liam the letter Theo wrote to the pack. 

Liam's eyes scanned through the paper. His eyes filled with tears. "H-how could he..." Liam asked. No one knew what to say. "I'm so sorry Liam. If we were here we would have stopped him." Mason said trying to cheer up Liam. "I... I'm sure he comes back right?" Liam asked with a trembling voice. I shook my head. "He's gone, Liam." I softly said. Liam closed his eyes. Tears still rapidly streamed down his face. "He also wrote you a letter..." Mason said while placing the envelope in Liam's hands. I stood up motioning for Lydia and Mason to do the same. "We'll leave you alone for a bit. Call us if you need us." I said while walking out of the room followed by Mason and Lydia. 

Liam's pov:

I sat in complete silence. How could he do this to me, he promised me he would never leave me again. He promised me he would stay. Maybe to him, his feelings didn't mean as much as they did to me. Maybe he didn't love me as much as I loved him. I opened my eyes and looked at the closed envelope in my hands. I didn't want to read it. I'm scared it would be the last thing I have left of him. I can't believe something so precious could slip out of my hands in such a short amount of time. Maybe if I confessed my feelings he would have been here by my side. Holding my hands telling me everything was going to be okay. Maybe...

With a heavy feeling, I opened the letter. Once I read the first words I broke down in sobs.