Part 22

Scott's pov:

I wake up after a long, restless night to feel Isaac cuddled up against my chest. I let out a small sigh. "Babe, we need to check on Liam," I whisper while brushing my hand through his hair. He slowly starts to wake up and looks at me with sleepy eyes. "How did you sleep?" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders in response. "Kept thinking about Liam..." He admits, and I nod agreeing. "Me too, but let's get out of bed. We're going to visit him." I say trying to lighten up the situation.

We quickly get dressed and eat some breakfast. Once we're ready we drive towards the hospital. If we're correct the rest of the pack would meet us there. On our way my phone rings. I hand it to Isaac so he can answer while I'm driving. 

"Scott!" 

"Melissa, it's me, Isaac. Scott's driving but he'll listen." Isaac explains to my mom.

"Uhm... I don't know how to say this but we have a problem." She starts.

"What happened? Something wrong with Liam?" Isaac worriedly asks. 

"Liam is fine for now... Its Theo." 

"What's with Theo? Did he hurt someone?" Isaac asks getting even more worried. 

"Calm down Isaac, take a deep breath. Theo didn't hurt anyone. He just left..." My mom says.

Isaac and I exchange confused looks. "What do you mean with he left?" Isaac asks. 

"When I went to check on Liam he wasn't there, it's been an hour and he has come back."

"Alright, well be there in a few minutes just as the rest," Isaac says. 

---

Isaac and I exchange confused looks. "What could she mean with Theo left?" I ask confused. "I have no idea, maybe he just went out for a bit. I'm sure hell be back later today." Isaac tries to reassure me. I can hear the trembling in his voice. After about five minutes we arrive at the hospital. Together with the others, we make our way inside. "My mom just called me, telling me Theo left..." I tell the others. "What do you mean Theo left?" Mason worriedly asks. I shrug my shoulders. "I have no idea. Let's go see for ourselves. 

We make our way to Liam's room. Once we were all inside we noticed only my mom and Liam are in the room, no Theo. I give my mom a questioning look asking her to explain what happened. "First of all, Liam is okay, I checked, and nothing changed." My mom started explaining. "When I went to check on him this morning Theo wasn't here. I thought he went to the toilet or maybe for a walk. But after an hour he still hasn't returned. By now, we're talking about almost two hours." My mom explained. I noticed she was holding two envelopes in her hand. "What are those?" I asked pointing to envelopes my mom is holding.

"I found them on the chair, one has your name on it and the other is for Liam. I assume they're from Theo." My mom explains handing me the envelopes. I take them with slightly shaking hands. It can't be a good thing Theo left us a letter. "Come on Scott, read it." Stiles encourages me. I nod and open the envelope with my name written on it. I take a deep sigh and start reading the letter out loud.

"Hello Scott, and everyone who's reading this with you. First of all, I wanted to thank all of you. Because you gave me a second chance I got to spend time with the person I love most.

I know I bruised your trust with everything that happened in the past. And I don't expect all of you to trust me. Just know I changed and I deeply care about Liam. I want to thank Mason and Corey for believing in me but mostly for being such good friends and always supporting Liam, even though you doubted trusting me you decided to take the risk because you care for Liam.

I want to reassure you I won't ever hurt Liam but I can't...
I left and I know this will hurt Liam. I'm so sorry but I couldn't stay. I wrote Liam a letter explaining why. Give him time, I'm sure he'll let you in and explain what happened when he's ready.

Just promise me you will take good care of my princess,

Theo

I let out a shaky breath when I'm done reading the letter. I take a seat and look into the space in front of me. "I can't believe he did it again. He left..." I say after a moment. "Scott, as much as I want to hate on Theo for being an asshole by leaving Liam. I think he had a good reason. Maybe the consequences aren't what he wished for but I think he truly loves Liam and is just scared. It's all-new for him, he didn't feel love for most of his childhood..." Derek explains.

I know Derek is right in some way but still, he hurt Liam again. I have no idea how to tell Liam he left. He will be heartbroken. "What do we tell Liam when he wakes up?" I ask looking across the room. "I think Theo's letter to Liam would help a lot," Mason says. "I agree with Mason. I'm sure Theo left an explanation to Liam in his letter. We could also read the letter he wrote to us. And most of all just be there for him and support him." Isaac adds to what Mason just told. "But that's only if he wakes up..." Stiles suddenly says. I want to scold him for it. How can he say such things, we need to be strong and hope Liam wakes up. But I don't have the energy to say it. 
And I also know he has a good point. There's a big change Liam won't even wake up. The change only increases every minute that goes by. 

"Let's just keep praying Liam wakes up," Lydia says determinedly. We all give an uncertain nod. "Who's stay's here tonight?" I ask. "I and Stiles could stay here?" Derek asks looking at Stiles. "Sure, I don't have any other plans so why not." Stiles agrees.