𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅸ: "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡'𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞?"

☆

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* Pacing around in her room, Arata pondered, lost in thought.

She had invited all the girls she knew to the girls' sleepover. Which was only seven, not including herself. Mitsuri, Shinobu, Nezuko, Aoi, Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi. The sleepover itself was Mitsuri's idea.

"We should invite more people," Arata suggested, munching on some of the donuts they had made yesterday.

Mitsuri was out, doing Hashira work, leaving Arata with Shinobu.

"Eight people is quite a lot, no?" Shinobu replied, "By the way, why haven't you invited Kanao?"

Arata looked up at her and blinked.

"Who?"

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

"Kanao?" Arata asked, stepping outside.

Kanao was sitting on the porch of the Butterfly Mansion, basking in the sun, staring off into space. Upon hearing her name, she turned her head and noticed the tiny little demon staring at her.

"You're Kanao, right? Butterfly-hair girl, like Butterfly lady,"

Should I answer? Kanao thought I'll flip my coin to decide.

Taking her coin out, she flips it, launching it through the air.

Arata watches in awe.

Kanao catches the coin, on the back of her hand, with her other hand covering it. Taking her hand off, it reveals: 'Heads'.

"Hello," She smiles.

Arata gives a bright smile back.

"Hi! I'm Arata!" She sits down beside Kanao, "We're going to have a girls' sleepover tonight, want to join?"

Kanao prepares to flip her coin again, but Arata stops her with a question.

"Why do you flip your coin? Is it a game? Can I try?" Arata says, excitedly.

Kanao stares at her, before answering, "I use this coin to make decisions,"

Arata tilts her head in confusion, "Why can't you decide for yourself?"

"Nothing matters to me," Kanao replies, smiling to herself, "So, I can't decide for myself,"

Arata closes her eyes, thinking deeply.

"Okay! I have an idea," She stands up, suddenly.

Arata takes out a donut that she had made yesterday with Mitsuri.

Kanao blinks, confused.

"This is a donut," Arata waves it in front of Kanao, "It's sugary, sweet, and delicious. Don't you want to eat it?"