𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⅩⅤⅠ: "𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝,"

☆

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* "Calm down, Shinazugawa," Gyomei said, wearily.

"THIS LITTLE BRAT...!" Sanemi yelled, narrowing his eyes in a deadly way at Arata.

"If I can't call you 'Salami' then I'll call you 'Angry Scars Weird-Eyed Old Man'!" Arata beamed, giggling, "I'm so smart!"

"DON'T CALL ME EITHER OF THOSE THINGS, YOU-"

"I'll call you whatever I want!" Arata said, sticking her tongue out, "And, don't forget, you have to do one thing I ask! I might make it super embarrassing for you, so watch out!"

Bursting with anger and exasperation, Sanemi opened his mouth to speak. He was cut off by Gyomei, who stood between the two to break up the argument for what felt like the umpteenth time.

"Around this time, the sun is probably starting to rise," Gyomei said in a soothing tone, "So Shinazugawa and I should go now,"

Arata gasped, her eyes starting to water, "NOOOOOOO!"

She ran forward and tightly held onto the olive green happi that was draped over Gyomei's shoulders. With an irritated scowl, Sanemi turned to leave. Arata noticed and held onto the hem of Sanemi's sleeve with her other hand.

"UGH, GET OFF-!" Sanemi shouted angrily, shoving Arata's face.

"Moooohhh..." Arata mumbled, not budging, "Pway weh me..."

"Arata," Gyomei said, holding up his hand, signaling Sanemi to stop, "Us Hashiras are the pillars of the Demon Slayer Corps. We're the strongest and most capable slayers, therefore we need to protect the innocent civilians out there,"

"Umm... okay...?" Arata replied, thoroughly confused, "Does that mean you guys will play with me?"

"... What are you yapping on about all of a sudden, Himejima?" Sanemi snapped.

Tears slid down Gyomei's cheeks.

"What I meant was," Gyomei clarified, speaking softly, "We are Hashiras and need to fulfill our responsibility to help civilians from Muzan Kibutsuji and his demons,"

"Hmmm... okay... I see..." Arata nodded, looking as if she was deep in thought, "I still don't get it. Will you guys play with me or not?"

More tears streamed out of Gyomei's eyes.

"What I'm trying to say is that we're busy, important people who need to save ordinary people, and can't play with you," Gyomei said in a tone as if he was teaching a toddler one plus one.

Finally understanding, a downcast expression appeared on Arata's face, "Oh... okay..."

Gyomei felt a twinge of guilt. However, as a Hashira, he had to protect all the innocent lives from the clutches of demons, and could not stay to entertain this child.