𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⅩⅩⅠ: "𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐨𝐨?"

☆

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* "WHERE!" Arata screeched at the top of her lungs, "WHERE'S MEEEEWWWW?"

"Arata! Calm down!"

"I THINK I LEFT MEW BACK AT JAPAN'S SEA! I NEED TO GO OUT AND FIND HER!"

"ARATA, NO, IT'S DAYTIME, YOU'LL DIE!"

"I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NIGHT! WHAT IF - WHAT IF A CAT-NAPPER TAKES MEW?"

"It'll be fine! Gyomei is still busy with Hashira duties!"

"I-I NEVER TOLD YOU THAT GUMMY WAS A CAT-NAPPER?"

After a tearful reunion between Arata and the many residing at the Butterfly Mansion, the air was soon hectic and chaotic again, as Arata was losing her head over the fact that Mew was missing.

Shinobu was trying to calm Arata down, Obanai was heavily contemplating on whether to leave or not, and Mitsuri, who had finally arrived after waiting in the long line at the sakura mochi street stand, was holding the mountain of sakura mochi she bought, watching Shinobu and Arata, awkwardly.

"I'M GOING OUT TO FIND MEW RIGHT NOW!" Arata declared, starting to head for the exit, "SNAKE MAN, GET THE UMBRELLA!"

"I'm not your damn servant, all I said is that I would be nicer!" Obanai hissed back.

Arata hurried out of the room, and into the hallway, where all the blinds were pulled over the windows, blocking the shimmering gold sunlight from touching the space. Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks, as she faced Muichiro, who was leaning against the wall, his long hair flowing over his face, with his usual blank expression.

"Oh," Muichiro and Arata both said at the same time, noticing each other.

"Arata, are you leaving already?" Muichiro questioned, slightly cocking his head.

"Yeah! I need to go look for Mew!" Arata said, frantically, "Want to help?"

"Mew..." Muichiro closed his eyes as his misted memory stirred, then opened his dulled, mint-green eyes again, "Oh, you mean this cat?"

Seemingly pulling it out of thin air, Muichiro held out a familiar-looking battered cardboard box. From inside, there was the sound of a quiet purr. Arata's face lit up with surprise and relief, as her mouth stretched into an uncontrollable smile.

"MEEEEWWW!" Arata shouted, beaming, taking out Mew from the box, "MEEEEWWW! I'M SO SORRY I LEFT YOU AT JAPAN'S SEA! I WAS JUST SO HAPPY TO SEE MITSI!"

Mew purred in response, looking a little disgruntled from staying in the dark and beat-up box for so long, but licked Arata's hand gently in a reassuring manner.

"That tickles, Mew!" Arata giggled, then turned to Muichiro with a glowing smile, "Thank you, Moo!"

Muichiro's usual unfazed, blank and empty expression softened the tiniest bit at her words. With a jolt and a small gasp escaping her lips, Arata turned and headed back into the room where everybody was.