𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅺ: "𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐰𝐨!"

☆

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* After Arata had calmed down, she finished eating the red bean bun Giyu had bought for her, and they both strolled through the busy streets, before heading back to the Butterfly Mansion.

Not wanting to sneak in like an intruder, Giyu and Arata waited at the front door together, standing there for a few hours like crazy people, playing hand games.

By the time Shinobu had noticed and let them in, the sun had already risen. Luckily, even though she was a demon, Arata had not been scathed in the slightest by the sunlight. She was in a tired, but cheerful mood.

"You absolute idiot. What in the world were you thinking? A million things could've gone wrong!"

Shinobu had scolded the pair heavily once she had let them inside the Butterfly Mansion. Having a soft spot for Arata, even though she was so troublesome, Shinobu mostly chewed out Giyu. Though Shinobu didn't plan to, she had completely let Arata off the hook, because by the time she had finished with Giyu, Arata had fallen fast asleep.

So, she continued to reprimand Giyu. In the end, they both agreed that if Giyu was going to take Arata out, he had to ask Shinobu for permission.

Additionally, the reason that Arata, a demon, was not scorched by the sun was that Giyu had protected her with his haori.

A week had passed since then. Giyu had often taken Arata out on midnight 'walks', with Shinobu's permission. They would buy pastries together, chat together while walking, and occasionally visit a few parks. Arata had forgiven him for murdering Rui and accepted Giyu as her new older brother.

"Gi-Gi!"

On a star-filled and cloudless night, with the moon shining brightly in the sky, Giyu and Arata exited the bakery together after purchasing what they wanted. Arata took a bite out of the mochi she had chosen and asked Giyu to buy, before asking a question she had on her mind.

"What's your favorite food?"

"Um... what?" Giyu replied with a perplexed expression.

"We've always been getting my favorite food, bread," Arata explained with a cheery smile on her face, "So, I was thinking, we could get yours instead, today!"

"Oh, uh... well, thanks, but there's no need-"

"Butterfly Lady told me you really like salmon daikon! Let's go eat that!" Arata declared, smiling excitedly.

Arata smiled brightly, the two ends of her mouth stretched wide. Her eyes sparkled as her whole body practically vibrated with excitement.

As the idea of a warm and piping bowl of salmon daikon came to mind, the corners of Giyu's mouth twitched and his eyes softened slightly.