Chapter Twenty-Five

Either this a case of extreme coincidence or I am following this unit to Faye's family cabin.
Adam wanted it to not be a coincidence very badly.
Because if it wasn't a coincidence it meant finding Faye.

It seemed as though they had been on the road for hours. After what was believed to be an hour in Adam began recognizing his surroundings...
Adam however hadn't been to this cabin since he was sixteen or seventeen in high school so he wasn't quite sure of himself.

But he had to ignore the doubt that was being instilled within him.

****

"We didn't find any points of forced entry and we're dusting for print now. There is also a blood trail running from the back of the house to the front door we're currently gathering a sample to send into the labs.
Now dispatch said the caller was a pregnant woman, saying she was being held captive here by her sister. She told dispatch her name and gave you a call as soon as we realized you're looking for her in relation to your case."

"Okay, any ideas on where she may have went? And I'll need those samples."

"No, but we did find two sets of fresh tire tracks that end about two miles out once they hit the main road." The officer nods.

"Two? Well lo-"

"Is my girlfriend here? Is Faye in there?"
Adam's sudden voice cuts off the detective making both her and the other officer turn to look at him as he quickly moved towards the scene.

"Mr. Samsol this is an active scene. Please, don't come any closer. How the hell are you even up here anyway? You know what, I need you to go wait near your vehicle I'll be with you in a minute."
Detective Lawson holds up her hand stopping Adam in his tracks.

"Now!" The defective demands when she saw the Adam didn't even budge before turning and heads by into the cabin following the other officer.

Adam hadn't even been standing by his car for a minute yet when his phone started buzzing in his pocket.
He answered it so fast he hadn't even looked at the caller ID.

"Hel-"

"Stop talking. Don't look around and don't do anything out of the ordinary, and do not alert those nice officers either. Get back into your car, back out and turn right onto the main road and go straight till I tell you further instructions. Do this now and your child will remain a happy and healthy baby..."
He felt his blood run cold. He almost froze up in disbelief but he knew he had take whatever this was very seriously.
So without any further hesitation he got into his car and followed his instructions.

It was seconds later when detective Larson who had been standing with the other officers on the porch caught a glimpse at the back of Adam's retreating car.

"Larson we found something!" And just like that the detective attention was drawn away from the retreating Audi.

****

"Alright, looks like no one is following yo-"

"Who the fuck is this? Huh! Do you have her? Do you have Faye? I swear to god if-"

"Let's not do the little thing where I threaten you and then you threaten me and so on and so fourth. It's tired. You don't know me and I definitely don't know you.
Listen I want to help but I can't implicate myself in any of this all because I got involved with the wrong person."

"I want answers and I want them now. What the hell is going on?"

"Alright, alright just listen and listen carefully... your girlfriend is about thirty minutes from the cabin... are you ready? Im about to give you the location..."