Chapter Ten

"Oh my baby! I missed you so much" Faye's mother gasps wrapping her arms tightly around Faye before swaying back and fourth holding her tightly

"Mom you practically call me everyday." Faye groans rolling her eyes as her mom finally let her go.

"Oh hush... Adam! Aren't you going to come give me a hug long time no see!"

"My bad Mama El"
Adam smiled before hugging Faye's mom.

"Oh come in, come on I got a nice meal prepared Adam you getting skinny come on mama gonna help slap some meat on ya bones." My mom laughs waving for us to follow her as she walks ahead of us into the dining room.

I look over at Adam with a bit of relief. Well at least she didn't say anything about me. She's probably just being nice she's normally the first to say something if she notices something different with me.

And I know it's becoming noticeable. From my wider hips to my now slightly protruding stomach.

Snapping out my thoughts once I feel eyes on me, I quickly become aware of who's they are. Knowing that they belong to Nina and William I roll my eyes and decide not to acknowledge them.

Instead, I head over to my seat but stop when my dad walks into the room.

"Daddy" a smile quickly finds its way into my face when I see him coming towards me.
In seconds his arms are wrapped around me.

"Hey princess"

I feel him pull away before I look up at him and see him taking me in. Remembering I pull away also and quickly change his attention to something else.

"Adam come say hi to my dad" I smile turning around glaring at him.

"Hey Mr. Elson, thanks for inviting me over to dinner. It's been awhile."
Adam smiles bro hugging my dad making me laugh.

I will never ever get used to seeing my dad and Adam doing that.

"Oh anytime, we missed you around here. And how many time do I have to tell you to call me Michael. You're not in high school anymore." My dad laughs as Adams nods.

"Old habits die hard I guess." Adam smiles as my dad nods going to take his seat at the table.

I was ready to pull out my chair until I saw hands on my chair that beat me to it. Lookin g up I see a smiling Adam with his eyebrows raised.

Giving him a small smile I mumble thank you before taking my seat Adam taking his soon after.

I know it's a bit petty to do but come on. It's funny both my sister and William are sitting awkwardly as me and Adam have a somewhat loud and laughter filled conversation about anything really.

Most of it contained my dad and Adam cracking jokes.

It's crazy how Adam has always gotten along really well with my family.
I guess he's just really likable.

But then my mind roams back to my older sister who sat a few feet away from me.

Part of me feels bad that we were never closer but at the same time the other part of me does not care. I can't see myself ever forgiving her.

We've never not once been close. She's also disliked me for as long as I can remember and the reason is unknown to me. I just can't understand someone who carries so much hate in her heart like that to the point where they'd so willingly hurt the ones that loves them out of what I'm assuming is jealousy.

"I'm so happy I can finally have my three babies home." My mom smiles as she brings in a plate of chicken.

I nearly choked on my own spit when I heard her words.
Not even just about the fact that she said babies.
No if you think I'm petty my mama is a different level.
I know she sees Adam as extension of our family but I also know she has never liked William so when she says three babies she referring to her children and Adam.
And I'm pretty sure everyone knew what she meant.
Curious at Williams reaction I find my looking towards him surprised that his eyes had already been on me.