Chapter Fourteen

"Hey!" A loud shriek could be heard through out Faye's apartment.
"Oh my goodness! What're you doing here?"
The surprise visit from one of Faye's old friends from high school left Faye taken aback.

Who is this old friend?
Janea, one of Faye's closets friends in high school and college but they don't keep close contact anymore due to Janea moving to New York to further her career in the ballet.

"I just got in town this morning, I figured I should stop by. Your mom gave me your address." Janea smiles pulling Faye into a hug.

"Of course, she did." Faye rolled her eyes a little but shrugged it off.

"Oh stop, your mom is just being sweet."

"No, prying is what she's doing..." Faye's mumbled before turning and closing her front door.

"Well... your mom said you have a surprise for me-"

"Ohhhh my god! You're pregnant?" Janea cheered loudly as Faye turned towards her.

"Yes ma'am"
Faye smiled walking into her living room taking her seat on her couch. Janea following in suit.

"But I thought you and William were no longer together?"
Janea furrowed sitting her purse down onto the floor.

"We're not, he got my sister pregnant so he's with her now. And my baby isn't his, it's Adam's. But enough about me, I haven't seen you in forever. How have you been?"
Faye says nonchalantly shrugging her shoulders leaving Janea with a shocked expression.

"Oh no hold on, you don't get to just brush passed that. You're pregnant?... with Adam's baby?" Janea furrowed turning towards Faye completely.

"Yeah, it sort of just happened. And the next thing I new a few weeks later I'm throwing up and Amber's waving a pregnancy test in my face." Faye let's out a small chuckles towards the end.

"You're still friends with that bitch?" Janea gasps before they both burst into a fit of laughter.

Faye missed laughing. A genuine laugh had been absent in her life for a while.

Hearing Janea's words brought memories from Janea and Amber's constant bickering throughout college and high school.

"Stop, she is not that bad."

"Yeah, right. I just hope I don't run into that heifer while I'm down here."
Janea rolls her eyes before reaching for her purse.

"And I... Also brought you something. Apparently, your agent has been trying to get in contact with you?..."
Janea furrows pulling out a booklet and handing it over to Faye.

"Ahhh, right how could I forget. She calls everyday. I told her I was taking a break... And she really wants me to finish this collection. She's had buyers lined up for months and she just doesn't understand that I don't have any inspiration or motivation to finish these last few pieces."
Faye mumbles flipping through the papers skimming them.

"See and this is just words on paper showing me my sale as if that's motivation enough.
Its like Emma has forgotten that my art work isn't about the money for me. Its always been something that's important to me."

"My work has always had some great big meaning... And now it just doesn't. I can't put pen or a paintbrush to a canvas anymore. Because nothing comes out; Its like I'm just stuck."

"Well honey, painting has always been your passion. You'll get back to it one of these days really. But seriously, maybe inspiration is just not striking you because you're cooped up in this apartment all of the time. You need to get out more. Last time I checked you're one of the most adventurous friends I have. Always ready for a new experience."
Faye gave a slight smile at hearing Janea's words.

Reminiscing on how upbeat she had been just a few months ago before everything went to crap.
On second thought,
things didn't go to crap. They were just brought to light and Faye was able to identify the superficial crap that was revolving around her life.

And knowing this gave Faye a slight sense of satisfaction.

Knowing that what could've been didn't happen because it was not meant to be. Because in a few weeks, months , or years of being married to a selfish coward like that she didn't want to be the woman who looked back in regret of marrying someone who isn't right for her.

And now coming to think of it...
I couldn't ever bring myself to ever regret sleeping with Adam. Because doing so helped me create the little life I am carrying right now at this moment.
Faye thought to herself staring off into the distance of her living room.

"You're right.... I don't know I guess with everything that's happened in the last few months I've just become kinda used to pushing people away and wanting to be alone...

I think of Adam and how much more he wants from us. And then I remember that we were best friends. I mean we still are kinda but everything is so different now. Everything is just so complicated now."
Faye mumbles as all the history Adam and her has had runs through her mind like a flip book.

"I don't want to hurt him Janea, I think of how bad my sister and William hurt me and I don't want to do the same to Adam. I don't want to break his heart or waste his time. I'd hate for Adam to go through the same pain I did when I found out about my sister. The hurt of knowing that I strung him along when he's looking forward to having so much more with me."

"I mean it technically won't be the same hurt just saying... I mean unless you go and cheat on him and get pregnant by another man." Janea shrugs as a chuckles soon follows making Faye narrow her eyes at her.

"Too soon? Sorry."
Janea let's out a exasperated sigh before pulling Faye into her arms.

"Faye you need to stop worrying about the what if's and stay in the present. Worry about what's right in front of you and what you're about to lose. Because in the end if you don't you're going to be looking back a few years or months from now in regret and believe me that feeling is even worse."
Janea pulled back taking Faye's shoulders grabbing her attention.

"I'm not saying marry the man I'm saying give him a chance... besides what the harm in trying you're already carrying his baby." Janea laughs making Faye roll her eyes and let out a small laugh as she felt her cheeks warm.

"But serious question, was the dick good?" Janea furrows.

"Uhh Janea, stop it" Faye laughs abruptly standing up and moving quickly towards her kitchen.

"Oh come on, I just want to know if my best friends first time was good. You can spare me all the details I'm not Amber." Janea laugh following Faye into the Kitchen.

"Well... fine... from what I remember..." Faye cheeses feeling her cheeks get even hotter.

"I'd say if the circumstances were different I'd be wanting another round. I mean I'm not well experienced thought but I'd say it was pretty damn great." Faye laughs hiding her face in her refrigerator.
Leaving Janea with a shocked expression.

"Who are you and what have you done with my best friend." Janea smiles crossing her arms over her chest.

"Okay, stop... beside it's probably just my hormones talking." Faye grins grabbing a bottle of water from her fridge holding one out to Janea and grabbing one for herself.

"Mhm hormones my ass, good dick is good dick. Not even good you said great. If you're worried I'm going to try and see for myself don't worry I'm not your sister... or Amber for that matter." Janea laughs taking a sip of her water.

"Okay, come on." Faye pouts placing her water down glaring at Janea.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry. I can't help my sense of humor. You just have some really fucked up females in your life. Pregnant or not I would've whipped Nyhlaa's ass. Her face isn't pregnant. If you don't want to, I can for you. That bitch needs a good beat down."

"Janea, go somewhere else with that . I don't want the beating down of a pregnant woman on my conscious. So change the subject."

"Alright fine, I met a guy and you me him and Adam are going on a double date tonight. Don't forget what I said about giving fair chances before you speak on that. And anyways what's the baby? A boy or girl?" Janea gets out quickly leaving no room for interrupting finishing with a satisfied smile on her face.