CHAPTER 4: DANTE

"Damn, Dude, what the fuck did Marigold do? Why is she walking with security?" "Not sure," Julius replies. We both walk over to Marigold and the two security guards. It looks like she has been crying. Her face is red. Damn, did she have a panic attack on the plane?!

The taller security guard speaks to J and me first.

"Hey gentlemen, your friend here seems to have been assaulted, and she claims it may be connected to an ongoing investigation at your job? Our supervisor has been informed and contacted the police to make a report. She seems to be okay, just really shaken up. If you two want to get her luggage, you can follow us to our office and wait there."

I rubbed the top of my head to my man bun and tilted my head.

Julius responded before I could say anything back to the security guard.

"That's fine, sir. I'll go with you guys. Dante, call Amy. Let her know we'll be late. Get MG's bags and take them to the rental."

"Alright."

I turn to Gate 12 entrance and see 3 officers walking into the DFW airport.

"Looks like they're here. They usually get here pretty fast whenever we call since it is an airport. Let's go, Miss."

Julius follows behind Marigold and the two security guards. I pull out my phone and walk to the baggage claim where Marigold's luggage should be. I look up Amy's phone number and hit call. It rings twice, and she answers.

"Hey, did you two pick up MG? We're meeting at 8:30 at Chilli's. Frank just brought Kimi home from the hospital, and he's letting her get a hot shower and get ready for tonight. She always has to look perfect when she's out."

"Yo Amy, I think something happened to Marigold here at the airport."

"What? What do you mean?"

"She was escorted by these two security dudes, and now she's with the police filing a police report. It's connected to the shit going on with Gameraza."

"Are you being serious?" I can hear Amy sigh before her next sentence. "Okay. Fill me in the details later. You three make it safe back to Frisco. Chilli's is open till 2 am over there, or we can just pig out at IHOP. Take care, okay?"

"Wait, Amy."

"Yeah?"

I see Marigold's luggage finally come out, and I make my way to grab it. Shit, I don't even know if she has a second bag. I'll have to call her and ask before taking it to the car.

"Dante, what is it? I'm sorry, my husband and Frank are blowing up my phone to call them. We just got here to the hotel and trying to settle in. It's been a long day."

"Is Kimi okay? Have you got to see her?"

I hear a car door slam in the background.

"Dante, I just told you we just got to the hotel. We had to get a rental, get gas, and then grab some groceries for the hotel. Kimi is going to be fine. She has a contusion from the fall, but they prescribed her some meds for her headaches. She has a follow-up appointment next week. Call her yourself, loverboy."

Damn it, Amy.

"Amy, chill, dude. I don't need all of my business out there. Especially when my homeboy is in love with her."

I recognize another bag that may be Marigold's and double-check before picking it up. I see in black ink on the tag: MARIGOLD FRANCOIS. I pick up her purple duffle bag and set it next to her matching suitcase.