CHAPTER 9: JULIUS

Kimi, Dante, and I hurry to the parking lot as we spot Franklin getting into his Lexus.

"Hey, what are you three up to? What's the rush," Franklin exclaims across the parking lot.

"Frank, have you seen Marigold at all?" Kimi walks away from her Toyota towards her brother as he meets her halfway.

"No, not at all. I thought she was staying with you all. I was on my way to Starbucks to meet with a friend of mine. Is everything okay?"

Kimi rubs her forehead in frustration then looks at her brother.

 "We haven't seen Marigold since last night. First, she was going to come home late, and I told Julius to let her in when she calls. Then, I woke up to a text from her saying she was going to stay the night at the triplet's hotel."

"Yeah, and then Amy texted Dante about Tony sleeping over here" I added. "Something isn't right. Both Tony and MG are missing. No one knows where they are."

Franklin rubs his chin and turns his head. "Okay. I'm going to cancel my plans and head to the police station to get a report going. Kimi, call me if you hear back from either of them." Franklin hugs his adopted sister quickly then gets in his vehicle. He reverses then starts to drive towards their apartment entrance gates.

I turn to see Dante pacing around Kimi's car then stops to look in our direction. "Yo! Let's hurry and get to the hotel! We need to meet up with the others and get all the facts straight." Dante opens the car door and sits in the back behind the passenger side.

"Alright, let's go." Kimi and I both nod and walk back towards the car. I can tell Dante is on edge. Can't blame him.

I sit down in the passenger side and watch Kimi as she buckles her seatbelt. Our eyes meet. I can tell she is anxious. She gives me a small, forced smile before she focuses on driving. To be honest, I hope she doesn't regret last night; But I know it's not the time to think about that. We need to find MG and Tony. Fast.

We arrive at our friends' hotel and Kimi finds a parking spot and then turns off the ignition. We head towards the entrance and Jason greets us in the lobby as Amy and Echo are sitting on one of the hotel's loveseats. I can tell they're worried. Amy looks like she wants to bite off her acrylic nails and Echo keeps messing with his lip stud. We all find somewhere to sit before getting down to the facts.

"Any calls or text" Dante asks.

Echo shakes their head. Amy looks up at Dante before replying.

"No. The last time we seen Tony was late last night and he told us he was wanting to meet up with Marigold at your place."

Dante walks over to Kimi and kneels next to her chair. "Kimi, can you call Frank and see if he made it to the police station."

Kimi nods and gets up from her seat. She walks outside the lobby entrance where we can all see her. I'm assuming she probably wants some air too. She is probably worried sick since MG is like her best friend.

I lean back in my chair and rub the back of my head. I close my eyes briefly before I get a notification on my phone from Gameraza.

"Uhm guys, it says Marigold went... live" Jason says as he stutters before finishing his sentence.

Kimi sprints towards us almost breaking the glass entrance doors. "Guys, I can't get a hold of Frank." As she approaches us in the lobby, she grabs her phone from her back pocket. Her phone notification for Marigold's live stream must have gone off too.