CHAPTER 10: JASON

It's been a couple hours since we all witnessed the death of our co-streamer and friend, Marigold. Gameraza deleted the video as soon as the murder went offline. It doesn't matter though.  The whole world witnessed it. How can someone erase those horrific images from their head? 

As soon as the stream ended, the cops showed up at the hotel. 

After gathering the facts and speaking to the hotel manager, the police's focus shifted to investigating Tony's whereabouts. 

Not too long ago, Amy attempted to call her brother's cellphone to see if the killer may have dumped him somewhere after the stream ended. This is what we all hoped instead of thinking the worst.

 Unfortunately, it still went to voicemail. She tried to call MG's cell as well, and the result was the same. It would be rational to assume he is still held hostage by the bastard that murdered our Marigold. 

I observe my team members from a distance as I attempt to gather my own thoughts and keep my emotions in check.

 I could feel a hot tear leaving my eyes, but I immediately wipe it away.  

Jason, you can't break right now. Not yet. Hold on a little longer. Stay strong for them. I don't know how we're going to overcome this, but we have no choice. As the oldest, I'll step up and get us to regroup once we finish dealing with this police business. 

I return my focus back to reality as I witness my co-streamers barely keeping it together. Kimi cannot stop crying. Julius and Dante have been arguing with the police and the hotel manager. Echo has been chain smoking outside in the parking lot. Amy has been on and off the phone with Gameraza and her parents. 

I walk over to Amy as she is in the middle of another phone call. She nods her head a few times before hanging up.

"Okay. Well, that's that. Gameraza is shutting down for 3 weeks due to another murder. I'm going to touch base with the police so we can find my brother." 

I nod and watch Amy walk away towards the two policemen that are currently talking to Dante and Julius. 

To be frank, Amy looks like she wants to have a cigarette herself. It wouldn't surprise me if she was dying inside, but she chooses to stay strong for Echo. I am confident it's part of her character as the older triplet. 

I go ahead and follow behind Amy to join the conversation with the police. 

"Why don't you fucking pigs stop asking stupid questions and search for our team member who is still missing!" Dante's face is red as he continues to exclaim profanity and argue with the officer. I place my hand on his shoulders to calm him down. Before he continued to esca, he looked at me with a frustrated expression and then sighed. 

Dante takes another deep breath before speaking again. "Listen, it's been a hell of a ride the past few days and I feel like none of us in our group can catch a break. You can't blame me for breaking down like this, man." 

The cops nodded their heads as they shifted their focuses to each of us as they spoke. Before they could continue, a familiar face entered the circle. 

It was the Asian male officer that spoke to us when my Jeep was damaged. 

"Hey guys. It looks like we are here once again. When I heard the dispatch call and the descriptions of you all from the hotel employee, I knew it had to be you all."

"Yeah. It's us again. Unfortunately, this time is worst." I cross my arms and shook my head. 

I glimpsed at the officer's badge to remember his name. His police badge read: "Zhu." My mind has been like Jello since all of this mess began; I forgot his name already.