CHAPTER 12: DANTE

I open my eyes and grab my phone to use the screen as a light in the dark. I noticed Julius is passed out drunk on the other couch while Jason is sleeping on Kimi's recliner with Cupcake on his lap. 

I looked at Kimi's bedroom door. I hope she didn't forget to meet me at the pool later. I go ahead and swipe my lock screen to shoot her a text. 

Hey are you still up? 

After I send it, I left the chat open and noticed my message is already read. 

Good, she's still up. 

Yes. Do you still want me to go to the pool with you? 

I reply back and send: Yeah. Grab your bathing suit, I'll see you in a couple minutes. 

Sitting up as quietly as possible, I grab my swim trunks from my duffle bag and a towel. I know Julius and Jason are passed out drunk but with my shitty luck, one of them will wake up. 

After gathering my stuff, I creep my way to Kimi's front door and unlock it. Carefully, I open it and squeeze my way through to get outside. 

Click. Phew, that went smoother than I thought. I haven't snuck out of a house since high school days. I throw my towel and trunks over my shoulder as I make my way to Kimi's pool. It's like 2 AM but pretty warm. Not even a slight breeze. 

I finally get to her pool entrance. 

Ah shit. 

Kimi has the damn key for the gate. Fuck it, I'll just jump over this bitch. I leap over the 4ft black metal gate and land smoothly on the other side. Hell yeah, D. Shit, I really do feel like I'm back in high school with this sneaky smooth criminal bullshit. 

Shaking my head and chuckling, I  glance at the pool. 

Beautiful blue rays reflected off the pool's surface and the splashing of the waterfall entering it gave a serene atmosphere. This place will be perfect to talk to Kimi. 

I go ahead and take my clothes off then put my swim trunks on. As I take my hair down from my man bun, my dark locks fall to my shoulders. I think Kimi is the only one that's ever seen my hair down besides Julius.

 Walking to the edge of the pool, I stick my toe in to see how the water's temperature is. It's actually not too bad. A hint of coolness but not to where I'm going to freeze my balls off. 

Stepping into the pool, I make my way into the 5ft section and go underwater to get there. When I come up for air, I swim to the wall and lean my back against it. 

"Hey, you. Don't you know it's after pool hours. " To my left, there's Kimi in a hot pink bikini and a black robe. Holy shit. 

"I'm sorry. Some rules just don't matter to me when it comes to something I want." I give her a wink before fixing my hair from being under water. 

Kimi responds with a smug look before dropping her robe and throwing her towel on a chair.

"Hey now, I told you to meet me here but being extra sexy with the bikini is a bonus." I snicker when she steps into the pool.

"Yeah, well just because I'm extra revealing right now, does not mean you get access, sir." Kimi dips her head underwater and then swims towards me. When she comes back up, she's only a few inches away from my face. "So, what is that you wanted to talk to me about so badly away from everyone? We couldn't talk in my room?"

I let out a sigh before replying. "I think it's time to talk about us, Kimi. Like forreal, talk, talk." Kimi moves her body closer to mine and gives me direct eye contact. I can tell she's still buzzed but she's coherent.