CHAPTER 6: KIMI

Jason's face becomes pale after seeing the picture on Amy's phone. In mere seconds, everyone rushes outside the restaurant to Jason's Wrangler. Behind us, the waitresses are asking what's going on and saying we didn't pay yet. Dante turns around and explains to the waitresses that someone is messing with our friend's car while we were eating. Dante and I finally make it outside and Jason's on his knees looking at his Wrangler.

Julius and Marigold start to pace in the parking lot with their hands around their neck. Echo pulls out a cigarette and begins to smoke a few feet away from us. I get up closer to Amy and Jason to see that his back tires were slashed and on the side of the wrangler, the words "I want to Play" are carved into his passenger side door. 

"Bro, this is bullshit! How the fuck does this dude strike twice in one day? Did he follow us from the airport or was he waiting at Kimi's house then followed?" Dante was pacing as he was yelling his accusations. Julius walked over to him and placed his hands on his shoulders to stop his movement. "Hey man, chill out for a second. Yelling and causing more of a scene will not help."

"Wait, followed from the airport? Something happened at the airport?" I shift my gaze from Dante to Julius, then to Marigold.

Julius places his hands on my shoulders. "We were going to tell you all tonight after dinner. Can we not do this right now?"

I stayed silent and stepped away from Julius.

"Jason, my friend talk to us. You been silent since we came out here."

Marigold turned and placed her hand on Jason's shoulder and kneeled next to him as he was staring at his damaged Jeep.

Jason turns while still kneeling and see's Tony on the phone. I'm sure he called the Police. I turn and witness what appears to be the head manager of Chilli's walking towards us. He is dressed fancier than the other employees. He looks Hispanic, and most likely old enough to be my dad.

"Hey guys, what's going on, is everyone okay? My waitresses said you guys rushed from your booth and haven't paid yet."

Marigold moves from Jason and walks toward the Manager.

"Sir, our friend's car has been damaged and has left a threatening message. The cops have been called. Is there any video surveillance out here?"

"About what time did your friend get here?" The manager's facial expression shifted from puzzled to concerned.

"We pulled up about an hour ago" Julius says as he stands next to Marigold.

Jason is still staring at his vehicle in silence. Honestly, I wish he would speak up to let us know what he's thinking. His silence worries me.

As Julius and Dante were talking to the Chilli's manager, I turned to see the cops arrive and all of us back out of the way as they begin to park. Jason gets up from looking at the damages and steps onto the sidewalk. I walk over to him and rub his back.

"Hey, everything will be okay. We will get Justice for your Wrangler."

Jason finally speaks as the Police get out of their vehicle. "Kimi. I'll be fine. I'm more worried about the safety of this group than my replaceable Wrangler."

Before Jason could continue, one of the Frisco Police officers approaches him and I. The other one goes to speak to Julius and Dante. The rest of our group is scattered around the parking lot.

"Sir, the manager is with my partner to investigate CCTV. I don't know how much details or evidence we will be able to obtain today, but we are going to do our best to figure out who did this to your vehicle." The handsome Asian police officer seems sincere and respectful towards Jason, but still professional.