CHAPTER 7: MARIGOLD

I look at myself in Kimi's mirror and pose while wearing my galaxy pajamas. I snap a selfie and post it on my Snapchat story. Cute! I set my phone down and head to Kimi's bathroom to start brushing my teeth. I wonder why Julius wanted to talk to Kimi alone.

Oh my gosh! He is going to ask her out! Oh no. This could get ugly if Dante finds out.

After brushing my teeth, I go back to Kimi's bed and lay down.

Knock Knock.

"Hey MG, you still up missy?"

"I just brushed my teeth. Laying down. You can come in!"

Dante opens the door and starts laughing.

"Cute Pajamas, MG. Does Kimi have a pair of those too?"

I sit up and cross my arms. "Duh! Who doesn't like jammies? I brought 7 pairs to wear this week! And duh, Kimi is the one that helps me pick them out." I tilt my head and give Dante a sassy look.

Dante smirks. "Yeah, I bet. Speaking of my future girl, where is she?"

"I don't know. They haven't come back yet."

Dante frowns and sits at the edge of Kimi's bed.

"Do you think Julius is making a move on her?"

I scratch my head before I answer. "Well, I don't know. It's been two years and I mean, both of you guys are taking forever to make a move on her. Whether it be you or him, I figured one of you would finally have the balls to tell her."

"Do you think she'd fall for him back?"

"Dante, I don't know. Honestly, I thought you talked to her more than Julius."

Dante turns his head away from me. He gets up and walks to Kimi's door.

"Hey, where are you going? Don't tell me you're going to go and spy on them! It's disrespectful! We should respect their privacy."

"MG, I'd rather Kimi date a panda than Julius. He's my best friend, but she deserves better."

"Hey, Julius isn't a bad guy. Neither are you. My opinion is: whoever grows the balls to actually make a move on her, deserves her. Regardless, leave me out of it!"

Dante leaves the room and shuts the door. Damn it. I put my slippers on and run after him. He's already out the door as I catch up to him.

"Hey, I'm going with you. I want to see what they're doing!"

"Oh, what happened to: "That's disrespectful Dante. Respect their privacy" Dante says in a girly mocking tone as he tilts his head back and forth. I smack him on the neck.

 "Ouch!" Dante rubs the back of his neck and glares at me; then he opens the front door and begins to walk outside. I follow behind him.

"Okay, super spies, let's go!"

Dante and I start to walk down the hallway that leads to the opening of the pond. We walk slowly and quietly. I really don't want us to get caught eavesdropping on them. From Kimi's apartment building, we look out from the opening before moving closer. To the left side of her building, we can see Kimi and Julius sitting on a bench with Cupcake.

"Shush, let's get closer. I want to hear what they're saying" Dante whispers.

Dante and I tip toe close to the building. It's pretty dark but the pond has lights bright enough to see where we're going. After a few steps, we find a couple bushes to crouch nearby.