6• After the conclusion

"I feel like it's a good idea for your marriage ceremony to be held at Bastos. You see in the history of this town, the government has decided to transform a quarter into a touristic place where Cameroonian could go for leisure. Youths could go for sport at golf, or for partying at restaurant such as the famous. Families too could gather to have some fun. The idea has a good impact and Bastos had become one of the rear places where most of the taxes of the center region comes from and for this reason, organizing your marriage there would be very profitable since it is a place where everyone wants to go to. So what do you think about what I just said, Lydia?"

"Lydia?"

"Hallo. Ici la terre appelle Lydia Scarlett Rodriguez!" Scarlett's junior sister Anna spoke making some gestures in front of her face to draw back her attention to her.

"Uh? What?" Scarlett asked looking at her in utter confusion.

Anna was staring at Scarlett. She was dressed in a destroyed boyfriend jean trouser and a white halter neck with her once black hair which were now dyed blonde hidden behind a black bonnet.

"I was telling you about..." Anna paused. "You know what? Never mind. What's the problem? You seem to be in your own world lately? What has your brother done again?" Anna asked seating on the table in front of Scarlett who rolled her eyes at her sixteen years old sister.

"Nathanael is your brother too and no, he hasn't said or done anything. Actually he never does."

"Then what is the problem? Because he's one the only person I know who can change your mood this radically after mum, Mike and well..." Anna pressed her lips in a thin line before parting them again.

"Please don't tell me it's him. Don't tell me it's Jeremy," she pleaded, but when Scarlett didn't say anything, Anna laughed.

"Oh, my Gosh it's him? How? What did he do this time? And where did you see him? Don't tell me your brought your clumsy self at the porch of his apartment!"

Scarlett sighed, resting her head on the chair. Anna was just so dramatic. "Yes, it's Richard." She admitted not feeling as to call him by the name everyone called him right now. He had always been her Richard and she was his Scarlett.

Anna stood up, crossing her hands over her chest, she laughed even louder than she did before. "I thought you swore that you will never see him again and that even if you did see him it wouldn't affect you because he doesn't mean anything to you anymore."

"Yes, I said it and when I said it I meant it, but right now...look, Anna, he is everywhere. At the garage, at the mall, at the restaurant, walking randomly on the street beside my car. How can I not think about someone I'm seeing every thirty minutes? Yes, when I met him at Nathanael's house and acted tough, now that I'm seeing him everywhere of which I'm sure he is doing it on purpose I can't deny that the sight of him is somehow turning everything around."

"What do you mean by that?" Anna asked unfolding her hands and placing one hand on her hip looking clearly irritated by her sister's out burst.

"Are you regretting your engagement with Mike?" She asked her and Scarlett's eyes gazed at the ground.

"I mean you are regretting been fiancee with Cameroon's most eligible bachelor who happens to be the best musician of the moment who is been compared to Justin Bieber or Dadju for a medical doctor who has spend the last years of your relationship breaking your heart over and over again like a heartbreak song?"

Anna was right.

Jeremy couldn't do that again, worst of all Scarlett wasn't supposed to let him do that.

It's been four years, four years of working, thriving hard in building herself both in her career, in her personal life and Jeremy couldn't just come to destroy everything once again. They weren't kids anymore and she wasn't as naive as she was when she was seventeen and thought that she was a special and unique girl who would change the bad boy. He didn't change, or let's say she never made him change. Yet her she did change. She changed for herself. She became not only prettier, but stronger, braver aandwas like Sia's song unstoppable and in that unstoppable life there was no place for Jeremy and his bullshit.